Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Hi there.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Craig70 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all fellow MB owners. Been reading through some of the threads (y)

I'm trading my A200d in for a petrol as I only do 9k miles pa. So thinking of either a A250 or do I take the plunge and go for the A35.. Work commute is 12 miles mainly A road, and do use car for business use, which can be approx 100 miles per month.

What's people's thoughts please?

Chris

#3 ·
Hi @Chrispg and welcome.

My A35 is my first MB (father has had a few MB's but first for me) and so glad I got it.

If you haven't already, test drive both and you should notice the difference and whether the A35 is ok for your type of everyday driving. Try to do both on the same day then the 'feelings' will be fresh in your mind. The extra bhp and torque in the A35 will certainly make for a more spirited drive if you want that kind of thing, but obviously can be easily driven as a normal car, so best of both really.

Plus, I think there might be quite a difference on price depending on age or mileage that you go for.

I've had the stage 1 tune on mine (385hp) but this is my last 'fossil' car before going electric so thought I would have a bit of fun 😁

Be very interesting to see what you choose, keep us updated (y)

#4 ·
Hi Craig70, thanks for the welcome.

I have driven the A220 and was impressed, but like you I think this will be my last chance to own a proper car.. so am angling towards the A35 ..... lol

Does your A35 have the aero pack?
Anything I need to be aware of if I do go down this route, they seem pretty good with only a few minor issues noted, like all cars get or from reading through the forums.

Will keep you updated with my purchase 👍

#6 ·
Hi Craig70, thanks for the welcome.

I have driven the A220 and was impressed, but like you I think this will be my last chance to own a proper car.. so am angling towards the A35 ..... lol

Does your A35 have the aero pack?
Anything I need to be aware of if I do go down this route, they seem pretty good with only a few minor issues noted, like all cars get or from reading through the forums.

Will keep you updated with my purchase 👍
Hi @Chrispg.

As @Forrester pointed out in the previous thread, there has been a number of cylinder head issues with this model. I have not had any, but mine has only just reached 8k miles and it seems to be around the 15-20k mark that things go wrong. So depends on age and mileage of the car your buying. Get a good warranty package if you can. I'll

Mine doesn't have the aero pack, but I deliberately didn't want that, I was looking for subtle 😁

They do suffer from a slightly rattily interior (a few threads on this site about them) which mine did, and I was very surprised about to be honest. I have had to take mine back to have one problem solved under warranty. If you can, take your test drive over a bad surface or road you know is uneven. This should show up any issues if there are any. Also, the car is quite low, so if you have a camber or angled driveway then this can be an issue, as one of the forum had getting on his driveway.

The car as a whole totally outshines any of these minor issues.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.