Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can I ask, what should a normal engine oil reading look like when warm?

Mine is constantly reading over 100oC, in traffic or moving. When it reaches over 110oC, the fan kicks in aggressively and sounds like a jet plane.

The car is booked in for a check up but curious to know what other peoples temps are.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mines gets about 106 and then fan kicks in and takes it to 95 ish , I believe this is about right.
Mine is similar. Ranges somewhere between 95-105 when fully warm. I don’t think it’s ever got to 110, we’ll not that I’ve noticed anyway

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Can I ask, what should a normal engine oil reading look like when warm?

Mine is constantly reading over 100oC, in traffic or moving. When it reaches over 110oC, the fan kicks in aggressively and sounds like a jet plane.

The car is booked in for a check up but curious to know what other peoples temps are.
what did they tell you after your check up is it normal or was there something wrong? As I’m having the same issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what did they tell you after your check up is it normal or was there something wrong? As I’m having the same issue
Turned out to be the thermostat, which was replaced and temps are all back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts