Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am hoping to become an owner of an A class mercedes soon and looking at the following cars: A200 sport executive and AMG line premium, petrol and automatic.
I am looking for the newest style of A class and thinking that I am looking for a car up to 2.5 years old and have a query about privacy glass. Can anyone advise if either of these models would have privacy glass as standard or if it was available as an option on these cars as I think that the car looks a lot nicer with the privacy glass and would prefer this than going down the road of getting window film.

If anyone can advise it would be very much appreciated as I am totally new to the mercedes brand :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Earlier models didn’t have it. Later 2019 onwards do but may be model or option dependent 🤷🤷

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for that as I was
having a conversation this morning showing a salesman a pic of this car below and was being told that it does not have privacy glass and I could not get it on a used sport exec or amg line premium model but the dealership selling the car said it was factory fitted privacy glass(A200 AMG line premium 19 plate). It was getting very confusing!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info - handy getting this help on the forum as it I had listened to the salesman he would have been happy to sell me a car without it when I can just wait until the right car comes along with what I am looking for :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
My A200 AMG Line was built mid-2019 & has privacy glass.

To be honest though, 'Privacy glass' is just the non chavvy way to say 'Tinted windows'. If you find a car that ticks all the boxes other than privacy glass, why not just take it to a window tinting place? Can't cost that much.

Yeah, I know you'll have to declare it on your insurance but again, it's not going to be much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts