Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stoplock pro and would like to fit it to my a35, but every time i lock the car the horn starts blaring???
Any tips to stop this?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply
I wasnt too clear in what i meant sorry!
I turn the car off and open the door so the horn doesnt work then fit the stoplock.
Then when i shut the door and try an lock the car the horn starts sounding
As if the stoplock is pressing the horn ?
Does anyone else have the same problem or is it just me?
Thanks
Frp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi did you get it sorted just bought a Mercedes E220 and having the same issue

Thanks for your reply
I wasnt too clear in what i meant sorry!
I turn the car off and open the door so the horn doesnt work then fit the stoplock.
Then when i shut the door and try an lock the car the horn starts sounding
As if the stoplock is pressing the horn ?
Does anyone else have the same problem or is it just me?
Thanks
Frp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have a look at the post #2 also acoustic settings on MBUX.
My acoustic settings are already off, the issue is the horn sounds really really loud as if the stoplock is pushing against the horn when you press lock, this doesn’t happen when the stoplock isn’t on the steering wheel. I hate the acoustic lock hoot I’ve always found it annoying if I get home late at night so have always turned it off immediately after purchasing a new car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi did you get it sorted just bought a Mercedes E220 and having the same issue
Just found the answer on another site. In case anyone else has the same issue…..Apparently the stoplock pro elite is more suitable for bulky horns as there’s more of a curve in the lock. Going to take the stoplock back and get this one instead hopefully it works

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only way i found of getting around this problem was turning the steering wheel on an angle and putting the locking section near the drivers seat!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only way i found of getting around this problem was turning the steering wheel on an angle and putting the locking section near the drivers seat!
Thanks, I exchanged the prostoplock for the prostoplock elite which has a bigger curve so fits Mercedes better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts