Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am looking to do a stage 1 on my 2019 A220 4matic. The car is fairly new with only 12k km's. I've looked around and most of the tunes I see is 250hp and 400nm torque. But some tuners does 240hp and 450nm torque! Since I have 4matic I'm actually leaning more towards the 450nm tune. 10 hp wouldnt be that noticeable i think. But I have some questions:

1: is that much of an increase safe for the gearbox? I'm going from 350nm to 450nm.
2: would they still be able to tune it with a nice power curve so shifting doesnt shock?

Thanks for your answers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out the max torque for this 7G-tronic is 400nm. Looks like i will go for the 400nm tune.

·
Registered
34 Posts
M260 block isn't it? There are A35s running over 500nm. After that the car goes into limp mode as the CPC unit electronically limits torque output.
@VIPER ONE is it possible to get the CPC module tuned / re programmed?

Using that theory then does it mean the gearbox is protected as the CPC module will help protect by stopping it electronically?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M260 block isn't it? There are A35s running over 500nm. After that the car goes into limp mode as the CPC unit electronically limits torque output.
Yes but the non-amg M260 engines are paired with a 7G-TRONIC instead of a DCT AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7G which can handle a max of 500nm torque. The gearbox is the biggest bottleneck in this. I also think the M260 in A35's has some small differences in internal parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts