Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've ordered some night pack exhaust tips for my a35, will i have to remove the whole rear bumper or just the diffuser? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Have a look at the guides in this thread

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I've ordered some night pack exhaust tips for my a35, will i have to remove the whole rear bumper or just the diffuser? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I recently installed the Milltek twin tips and I didn't have to remove my bumper. Though you would need a workshop with a hoist to get it high above your head to have good access to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it just a swap of the tailpipes, I believe it can be done without removing the bumper.

Here a picture of me removing my tailpipes with the bumper on, the plastic cage is still on.
If it's just swapping of your chrome tips to the night package black tips, you can do it without removing the bumper.

You would need to have the car hoisted up, loosen up your exhaust to have the tips wiggle their way off.
And if you ask me, once the car is hoisted up, removing the exhaust have less chance in breaking anything as compared to removing the whole bumper(clips and fragile brackets everywhere).

To some, removing the bumper may be easier, but I did not want to take the bumper off because I believe they are best fitted from factory, but that's my own opinion on that and i may be wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it just a swap of the tailpipes, I believe it can be done without removing the bumper.

Here a picture of me removing my tailpipes with the bumper on, the plastic cage is still on.
If it's just swapping of your chrome tips to the night package black tips, you can do it without removing the bumper.

You would need to have the car hoisted up, loosen up your exhaust to have the tips wiggle their way off.
And if you ask me, once the car is hoisted up, removing the exhaust have less chance in breaking anything as compared to removing the whole bumper(clips and fragile brackets everywhere).

To some, removing the bumper may be easier, but I did not want to take the bumper off because I believe they are best fitted from factory, but that's my own opinion on that and i may be wrong.
View attachment 5632

Was it just a matter of removing the two rivets from each exhaust and wiggle free?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was it just a matter of removing the two rivets from each exhaust and wiggle free

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was it just a matter of removing the two rivets from each exhaust and wiggle free
The stock exhaust is one whole piece from the muffler to the GPF which connects to the down pipe.

You will have to remove 2 bolts from the Connector which holds the GPF pipe to the Downpipe

After this, the whole exhaust can be dropped. You don't have to drop it down onto the ground, just enough for the rear muffler to be away from the rear bumper and you can have full access to the tailpipe section.

The tailpipes can then be easily removed by just 2 screws that hold it in place. And a 'hook' in the middle that slots into the cage.

I'm pretty sure you can bring your car to an exhaust workshop and they will have that removed in a matter of minutes.
The question here is whether you are willing to pay to have the exhaust dropped, or just DIY and drop the rear bumper yourself.

In any case, I won't be 100% sure until all options or different methods are explored. ;)
Hope it helps.
Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts