Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have three options for adding pictures to the site:

1/ The first option is if they are hosted somewhere such as photobucket.
2/ The second option is if your pictures are on another website somewhere.
3/ You can upload pictures from your PC directly to the site.

All three options are detailed on the next two posts:

Option 1: Use Photobucket:

1 Join photobucket -http://photobucket.com/</font>

2 Upload your photos to photobucket following the instructions on the site. It doesn't matter about the original resolution of your pictures and when it asks you which size, medium or large will do for this forum.

3 When your pics are successfully appearing in photobucket, you'll see a few boxes underneath - one of them will start with square brackets followed by an "IMG".

4 Left mouse click in the box that says IMG, and you'll get a notification saying "copied" under your mouse pointer.

5 Now go to the post you want to reply to, and click on "post reply" in the normal way.

6 Type a comment for your photo, press the "space bar", and then right mouse click, "paste" to paste the line containing IMG into the post window.

7 Make sure you have a square bracket at the start and end of the line containing "IMG" otherwise it won't work.

8 Click the "preview post" button and hey presto, your pics on here for us all to enjoy....

</span>Option 2: Pictures are on another website.

If your pictures are somewhere else, all you need is the URL to your picture, so something like www.yourwebsite.com/picture.jpg

In this case, click the green tree icon
, paste in the image address in the IMAGE URL box and click preview. Your image should appear in the preview window. Click OK to insert the image.

Option 3 - upload your pictures directly from your computer:

Upload Pictures - how to:

On a new post or full reply window, type your message then;

Click the green tree icon:

Click Choose File
Browse to your saved picture
Click Upload

Once uploaded the image should appear in the preview window. Click OK to insert into post.

Note: Maximum file size per picture is 10mb. The forum will resize your image to fit into the post automatically.
</span>

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you've picked the wrong photo - how do you delete it before posting, I've tried everything - the file remains in the preview

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be honest I don't think you can delete them. You can upload the correct one and as long as you don't insert the other into the post no one will see it.

That said - if its something you really don't want online - PM me the file path /uploads/... and I'll delete it for you.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dan - from Lynne's posts where she had problems uploading I suggested in a PM to her that she may need to re-size her images and I think this seems to have worked.

A lot of forums limit the size of image that can be uploaded.

It might be helpful to include in this thread that images should be 112kb or less (this is 640 x 480 image size) as a guide ??

Edited by: TerryA213

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You are correct TerryA213, the photos were re-sized!But it was my complete lack of knowledge that made it more difficult! I will be going to a computer class to learn, so something positive has come from my experience! I think the majority in the forum are all computer wise, so find everything easy. It is a good idea to state the size of the image for all the un-informed such as me. I also use Vista, so that may have complicated the issue! So thanks again to TerryA213!

·
Registered
352 Posts
arrrrrrrh vista

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TerryA213 said:
Dan - from Lynne's posts where she had problems uploading I suggested in a PM to her that she may need to re-size her images and I think this seems to have worked.

A lot of forums limit the size of image that can be uploaded.

It might be helpful to include in this thread that images should be 112kb or less (this is 640 x 480 image size) as a guide ??

I've checked and the maximum file size was 5mb. I've increased this to 10mb and the forum will automatically resize the image to fit the post. I've updated the original post here.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im uploading them from my computer (A macbook if that makes a difference?), they are all the correct way round on my computer. Does it matter that they were taken on an iphone in normal orientation?
Edited by: A200 AMG Sport noob

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cant use photobucket now unless you pay $399 a year to join.

Edited by: Rscossieboy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts