Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in for it's first service yesterday, a bit late but all went well except...... I was informed that my speedo was not working (OBD fault code I guess). To be honest I tend to use the HUD most of the time but I'm sure I would have noticed if it wasn't working. What could have happened is the right side of my wonderful dash went completely blank one day but I was still able to drive legally cos the HUD display was showing my speed. They very kindly did a software update to cure this problem. Alas my sat nav maps totally vanished but everything else was working i.e. directions etc. After quite a few restarts the maps reappeared with a map of the world and I could see I was in England! All's well now but the sat nav does not appear in the HUD as it used to. There is an "empty" slot where it used to be but nowhere can I find a way of getting it to appear again. Any ideas anyone? Or will it just appear by magic one day. If it means another visit to MB for another software update I'll leave it till next year.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
TBH it sounds like a trip to the dealer will be needed. To me it sounds like they should be checking/running diags on all systems software to make sure everything is running properly and at the right versions

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think you're right. No sign of it fixing/resetting itself. With things as they are I think I'll wait for things to get back to some sort of normal before booking it in. Got a few of my old rattles back as well. Think I'm losing my patience, so might move on later in the year if the numbers add up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts