Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes an URBO :unsure:

just noticed yesterday that the T had fallen off the drivers side stick on badge that says TURBO 4matic.

after examining the passenger side I noticed the T was a tad loose on that side, due to the T not having a full adhesive pad on it, so that may drop off at some point.

Anyone else had this ?

Getting some replacements sent to me by Dealer.

Just a bizarre thing, never had badge letters fall off before :)

·
Super Moderator
1,521 Posts
Happened to me too on drivers side. Mime got caught with a micro fibre cloth but luckily didn’t lose it. I got this after being recommended from Ebay.

Couple of months later its still on 👍

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happened to me too on drivers side. Mime got caught with a micro fibre cloth but luckily didn’t lose it. I got this after being recommended from Ebay.

Sounds like the T’s are only partly stuck on then for whatever reason as all the other letters look ok.

Thanks for the tape recommendation I will get some ordered (y)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I would have liked a debadged car as my previous A45 was. Maybe it will debadge itself 😁

·
Registered
30 Posts
My driver's side T also fell off, although I definitely contributed to it happening as I caught it with a mitt whilst washing.

I dried it off, made sure the panel and T were warmed by the sun and re-applied.

It's been fine since for a good few weeks, but I've probably just jinxed it to fall off again......

Chris.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yes an URBO :unsure:

just noticed yesterday that the T had fallen off the drivers side stick on badge that says TURBO 4matic.

after examining the passenger side I noticed the T was a tad loose on that side, due to the T not having a full adhesive pad on it, so that may drop off at some point.

Anyone else had this ?

Getting some replacements sent to me by Dealer.

Just a bizarre thing, never had badge letters fall off before :)
I also have an Urbo on one side. Did you buy replacement T’s or did you have to buy the full badge? Also, do you mind me asking how much?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would have liked a debadged car as my previous A45 was. Maybe it will debadge itself 😁
I have de-badged mine on the sides.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I just don't trust myself to not scratch the car and it's got the MB Stargard so the badgeless parts will not have that and up close there will be a very slight mismatch.

·
Registered
155 Posts

My driver's side T also fell off, although I definitely contributed to it happening as I caught it with a mitt whilst washing.

I dried it off, made sure the panel and T were warmed by the sun and re-applied.

It's been fine since for a good few weeks, but I've probably just jinxed it to fall off again......

Chris.
Same here, T got caught with my micro fiber washing mitt but luckily it didn't come off. In fact I noticed a bit of cloth sticking out as I was drying it out. Towel is never the problem, it's always the mitt. Ever since I do the badges real easy and slow and without applying any force, so even if it gets caught it can't come off.

T is more prone to get caught because of it's sharp edges and mostly the top ones. Think about it, you normally wash most surfaces with a horizontal motion. No other letter in that word has such edges. Maybe U and R, but these could only get caught if you moved vertically.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also have an Urbo on one side. Did you buy replacement T’s or did you have to buy the full badge? Also, do you mind me asking how much?
Dealer is providing a new replacement FOC. You should contact your Dealer. It’s not acceptable they come off so easy & they must be peanuts in cost anyway. Just make sure you stick it on well when you do get a replacement ... I’m ordering some of the adhesive tape noted earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Dealer is providing a new replacement FOC. You should contact your Dealer. It’s not acceptable they come off so easy & they must be peanuts in cost anyway. Just make sure you stick it on well when you do get a replacement ... I’m ordering some of the adhesive tape noted earlier in this thread.
While I was joking about debadging my car, frankly if it happens to me I would book it in and get the dealer to do it. And they need all the business they can get in these times and recharge it to MB ;).

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

·
Super Moderator
1,521 Posts
While I was joking about debadging my car, frankly if it happens to me I would book it in and get the dealer to do it. And they need all the business they can get in these times and recharge it to MB ;).
trouble is they would want to keep it for a week 😳 that’s why i did it myself.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
:p

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It’s only the T with my car so I’ll give it a go sticking it on :)

Bit of a trek to my Dealer (50 mins)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Perhaps the panel is hotter on the drivers side (RH) causing the T to fall off? I realize the LH side has the battery compartment and other plastic bits while heat from the turbo may dissipate more towards the RH side. May also explain why there is more brake dust on one side of the car vs the other. Just a theory tho...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts