Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same thing happened on my A35 about a week after I collected the car, took it into the dealers for a warranty replacement. They had a little giggle at the fact I was now running an "URBO" and they even gave the old badge back to me ha! (shame it wasn't the AMG badge, would have looked pretty cool somewhere in the man cave).

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Let this be a warning to those who haven’t lost their drivers side T yet. You will so check and secure it before you lose it 😂

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep, the T on both sides of mine fell off. The passenger one I found and was able to reattach with some new 3M tape, but the drivers side is lost. Cars going in to Mercedes for aircon issues on Friday and new badges

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Let this be a warning to those who haven’t lost their drivers side T yet. You will so check and secure it before you lose it 😂
We’ll never appreciate what we have until we lose it 😁

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Would look worse if the tophalf of the B and the O fell off 😂

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
63 Posts
Yes an URBO :unsure:

just noticed yesterday that the T had fallen off the drivers side stick on badge that says TURBO 4matic.

after examining the passenger side I noticed the T was a tad loose on that side, due to the T not having a full adhesive pad on it, so that may drop off at some point.

Anyone else had this ?

Getting some replacements sent to me by Dealer.

Just a bizarre thing, never had badge letters fall off before :)
not had that on new car,

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
63 Posts
my old 18 plate A45 went in for service, they ripped half of both wing badges off during washing

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep... literally 1st wash this weekend, lost both t’s, despite being careful. Think I’ll just get rid of them.

Really fancy black badges for the back end, so will prolly just wait until I’ve got them and do it all in one go.

As a side note, used this stuff on recommendation from detailer - quite impressed:

Just a fine mist on clean, wet paintwork, 1 panel at a time and pressure wash straight off. Instant beading.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have actually just de-badged mine to keep the sides looking clean and sleek. I have never liked the “turbo” badge on the side, because seriously, what is “special” about having a turbo on a 4 cylinder engine in this day and age? Isn’t EVERY 4 cylinder engine turbocharged now? So why flaunt that. The A45S on the back, now that is special and worth keeping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
After reading this (and mindful that I'm planning to get my car valeted later this week), I checked my T's tonight. Both are quite loose. I followed the Ebay link for the tape but it's no longer available (at least via that seller) so I'm going to try and find it elsewhere. For such a prestigious brand and the cost of the car, it's not great really is it? Thanks for the heads up @Snake Pliskin , prevention is better than a cure!

·
Registered
CLA A35
20 Posts
Like others was not convinced these did anything for the look of the car.

First hand wash convinced me durabilty grounds too. So before second wash removed. No regrets.

It also makes cleaning and polishing easier.....

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
I've washed my car a couple of times by hand over the latest lockdown. I didn't pay any great attention to the badges but hopefully mine were quite secure otherwise I would have felt something 🤞

·
Registered
31 Posts
As I mentioned earlier, my "T's" are also a little loose. I took my car in for its first service today and mentioned it to the dealer. I'd like to retain my badges but I appreciate that this is a personal choice. Whilst the car was in the workshop, someone from 'upstairs' called me and told me that they would have to order new badges and that they would cost £145.00!!!! I obviously questioned this and pointed out that loose badges should not be expected on a new car that cost big bucks. After he went away and looked into it, it was agreed that they should be provided under warranty. I did buy some of the tape discussed above so I plan to ask for the old badges back (or at least the "T's) to keep as a spare.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
The garage tried charging? Jeeese!

·
Registered
169 Posts
As I mentioned earlier, my "T's" are also a little loose. I took my car in for its first service today and mentioned it to the dealer. I'd like to retain my badges but I appreciate that this is a personal choice. Whilst the car was in the workshop, someone from 'upstairs' called me and told me that they would have to order new badges and that they would cost £145.00!!!! I obviously questioned this and pointed out that loose badges should not be expected on a new car that cost big bucks. After he went away and looked into it, it was agreed that they should be provided under warranty. I did buy some of the tape discussed above so I plan to ask for the old badges back (or at least the "T's) to keep as a spare.
£145 😯 did that include lubricant 😄

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine will be coming off when I get chance.

Has anyone else recently swapped rear badges for black? Trying to find where I can source a full matching set (without turbo wing badges)... not proving easy!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Even though I bought some new adhesive, it wasn't needed in the end as the new badges stuck on perfectly .

21 - 39 of 39 Posts