Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just got my car today and loving it, however having a problem with connecting my I phone 4s in the USB connection under the armrest.

When I connect the I phone 4s it charges the phone but the screen display says ' USB device unreadable'

Does anyone else have this problem, or can tell me how to fix it as I want to play music through my. Phone using the USB connection and use my blackberry for Bluetooth to make calls.

Help would be great!!

Thanks guys

Greg

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have my slightly older iphone 3GS bluetoothed and it plays music from it no problem, (plus phone connected of course).
The usb you can use for storage devices, ie: up to 64g I have seen someone report on here.
I have three albums on my memory stick and it will deal with folders but not too many, have a look in your manual it is in there... not sure as I do not have full media interface package, so can't advise on that

Edited by: tone1

·
Registered
67 Posts
My iPod classic is seen as a USB drive which the Audio 20 supports along with other MP3 devices/memory sticksbut the iPhone/Pads don'tsupport USB mode. Perhaps you needthe Media Interface option installed -http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com lists the compatible devices for the media interface and has the iPhones listed there, but other literature talks about pods not phones using the USB.

Does anyone have their iPhone or iPad working using a cable showing album art etc.?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got an old iPod. For music and asked mb about art work etc ed and I had to have the media interface so I've order ed that For when its built , and I will be using iPhone separate via Bluetooth just for calls

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the standard audio 20. I tried a friends iPod through. The USB port and it worked with the album artwork too. It looks like the I phone does not support the USB device. I may have to buy an iPod as all my music is on the I phone!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get your I phone to work? We are having the same issues. Can't listen to music through I phone. Says "device unreadable".
Help!

·
Registered
300 Posts
David said:
Did you ever get your I phone to work? We are having the same issues. Can't listen to music through I phone. Says "device unreadable".
Help!
I just use the Bluetooth on the iPhone and set to random for skipping the tracks.

Lee.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As Lee has said, if you want to listen to music from your iphone, only way with the Audio 20 without the media interface is via bluetooth. Downside no artwork or full control of the iPhone.

I sometimes listen to music this way, or I have a 16gb memory stick which I use which shows artwork as well and is fully controllable.

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had no joy with the USB socket in the arm rest with my iPhone 5s. I guess I have the media interface as I have an additional socket and got a few leads for different mobile phones. The iPhone one was for models up to 4s. However I got a iPhone 5 adapter (from Apple). This coupled with the iphone 4 lead has worked well for the whole year that I have had the car. There is the odd moment when it get confused and the song it is playing is different to the information displayed, but this is sorted by unplugging and re-plugging in.

The ICE system was patched on it first service and this initially give a bit more problems in getting the two to talk. However Apple have up iOS7.1 which sorted it out.

I have Drive Kit plus in the glove compartment and this only works with a iPhone 4 and 4s. The adapter doesn't allow the phone to be recognised. So I guess I am going to have to purchase the new iPhone 5 version, once I can get a dealer to order it for me!

A bit of good news, there is now a iPhone 5 media lead. Bought it from a dealing in Bristol on eBay. Ordered it Saturday night and it was here today. Works perfectly. Cost £54.99. The Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter was 29 dollars (£18) so worth the investment.

·
Registered
A200 cdi amg sport 2.1 diesel 5 door 2015
9 Posts
I just use the Bluetooth on the iPhone and set to random for skipping the tracks.

Lee.
I’ve connected my iPod generation 7 and iPhone 11 via blue tooth absolutly fine I don’t get artwork but I don’t need it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts