Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
............ we met on Wednesday afternoon, and have been together for 3 days now. Her lines and curves are a work of art!! Her online pics - whilst stunning - just didn't do her justice. I'll be taking her to the Shell petrol station tomorrow to get her drunk on some V-Power, see if I cant get her to put out a little

Jokes aside (sorry girls), I am so pleased with my order etc. I have always been a huge fan of Mercedes since very young but they really have to be applauded for the design of this merc hatch.

Will be running her in for a while so nohanky pankyyet.

For those still waiting, its definitely worth it!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Totally agree, I've made some similar posts myself. Has your girl got LED headlights? She winks at you when you caress her lock button. I've had mine a week now and still can't stop gazing at her when I get a chance. Gonna be lathering her up for the first wash tomorrow :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great minds and all that lol
She's got LED's alright! Went for the engineered and absolutely lover it.

Will be spending time withmy .... (and it pains me to say this next bit) .... soon to be 'ex' over the weekend. Need to show her a little love before I get ready to find her a new owner. Its sad, but these things have to be done. I have a new car now and cant warrant keeping the other

Edited by: reza

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dammit Reza don't rub it in!!!

Just joking mate, very happy for you - is it a head turner? I remember it turned a lot of heads when I had one for a test drive back in Jan

You been keeping up to date with my posts about the big mess up with my car??

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friends/colleagues all think she is stunning and a lovely car!
Sure, read about your problems today. Obviously really gutted for you mate! I posted a reply but accidentally in the thread about thewhite engineered being available etc.

You have done the right thing by waiting for the one you want. The time will pass before you know it!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah mate - i was gearing up for the wait until August, and was thinking may as well wait until the new plate in September, but the news today that they have the exact same spec car coming in to the dealer in 4 weeks time has lightened up my day a bit

You thinking of any mods yet? I think black wing mirrors and front lip looks awesome, like on the A45. Most wrapping places will wrap small parts such as these in any finish you want for only £50 or so.

Did the garage say you had to run it in? There is always this age old question of running in on modern cars. Many people say it is not needed, many say it is. I never really know!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is great news, the weather will be even beter in 4 weeks!! (And by 'better' I mean that it might only rain 4 days out of seven with a 1 degree average increase in temp lol!) It will fly by and you will be so chuffed with it you'll forget you even had to wait that little bit longer.
Regardless of what dealers advise, I will always be a believer of running engines in. At the end of the day these things are so finely manufactured and machined, and ulitmately go through there paces at high pressure/temps/speeds etc, that allowing the parts to all bedin togethermakes sense to me. I'll do a thousand or more miles of easy driving, going through the revs but not accelerating hard. Besides,as much as I want to bury the gas pedal the running in periodis a little like foreplay right??You get to know eachother a little better and build up to big moment
.... keeps the excitement of a new car going for longer too i think!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice one Reza... they are truly a thing of great beauty - what colour did you go for in the end?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Rezaaaaaaaaa! So glad you got yours finally mate. It must be hard parting off with your subaru... but i believe (and everyone else in this forum) that you've made the right choice mate!
Life excels forward so we too shall advance.

Great belief! me too, i took her easy for the first 1200kms, then now i'm starting to accelerate into higher revs so the engine is exploring its own depth. Anyway take great care of her!!! Haha and yes blinking headlights always melts my heart too..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Great news Reza!!! I took it easy for first 1000 miles and now with 1800 on clock just starting to play

·
Registered
629 Posts
Glad to hear you've got your hands on the new girl Reza. Sounds like you're happy!!

Hope you've had a good weekend with the ex.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks folks .... 600 miles on her now, starting to increase the revs a tad, with gentle throttle.

Went for silver in the end kevybabes, and am so glad i did.

Had planned to get the roof wrapped in gloss black on day of collection but they couldnt fit me i so will be booking her in soon. Other than that I will be leaving her as is ... until an exhaust one day when they are more widely available, and not so horrendously expensive. That said the exhaust note is starting to come to life now she has a few miles on her

Been running her on v-power although today it was v-power nitro+ (chavtastic name Shell well done!! lol) ....

Managed to get time to share with the ex over the bank holiday. Cleaned her up and changed the oil and filter etc. Need to spend time on the inside and engine bay this weekend then off to the garage for a few service items. Getting her ready for going on the market
. She's been such a good car to own and has done me proud for 10 years now. The drive wont look the same without her.

Handling on the engineered is lovely .... surprised how equal the balance feels across the front and back wheels when cornering. Its normally quite hard to feel the rear gripping in FWD cars but the a class is different.

Cant wait to open her up soon!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nah haven't had a chance yet .... will try and get some up soon though. Need to giver her her first wash too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts