Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order not all that long ago for the trully remarkable A220 CDI AMG Sport. I have so far laid down a small part of my initial deposit.

However, I have been presented - out of the blue - with a competitive job offer which would significantly increase my annual mileage and therefore make the standard 10,000 miles per year PCP agreement too tight.

Now, given that I am settling the finance agreement on a relatively new car at a cost of £2000 (my decision, granted) to behold this wonderful car, I approached the dealer to see if they could up my mileage to 14,000 at no extra cost. I have received nothing else free of charge.

The dealer has declined, leaving me with a predicament. I'm in fear of losing my deposit due to an unforeseen change in personal circumstances.

Can anybody advise me on how I ought to proceed with this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the grand scheme of things, it isn't a great deal - but it's another bit more that I just can't stretch to.

Indeed, the fact that it's minimal really ought to be leverage for a bit of negotiation. I still haven't got in my possession a written document outlining anything.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Might be able to meet then half way? From thier point of view you have ordered something, agreed something and now changed your order, I don't think (judging by other experiences on here!) you will get them to fully bite! Good luck though

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm sure when I was looking at what mileage to go for (10,000 or 12,000), the monthly payment went up almost exactly by the extra mileage x .06 / number of months so I wouldn't worry unless it's changed (or I made an error). Worst case - you go over by 5000 miles - it's only £300. I bet if you were under by 5000 miles you would have to haggle the £300 back! If the dealer won't play ball put £xx a month in an ISA to cover the extra mileage. Any surplus is yours rather than equity in the car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went for 10k/pa on my finance as it lowered the monthly payments a bit and I seem to remember as well that it was a 6p / mile charge (+vat), so not that much, seemed to work out one of the cheapest over mileage charges around actually.

Might be worth just confirming this with the dealer and that there's no other "charges" if you go over, it might depend on who's sorted the finance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
it cost me me an extra £9 a month to change from 10k to 12k this was at the beginning of the deal but they said they could doit a year in but mileage doesn't come into play until you hand the car back, they have have declined because the car value will depreciate with higher mileage & they would have to re value the car with the added mileage

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had 6 k a year on my Subaru and Terminated finance halfway the mileage should have been 12500 I had done 31000. I paid just over 600 quid which I thought was great

Find out what the pper mile is and work it out, see what fits best. I always go with lower payments and then just cough up, unless I know it's going to be major mileage then I go company car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts