Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The same day I got this notification on the app

My car stopped communicating to the app, then I realized there were no live traffic updates, and when I asked Mercedes for the weather it would say ‘internet unavailable’ see below

I then went on to check internet status and it said the following

has anyone seen this before? Very weird, makes no sense why would online services all of the sudden stop working (they should work until late 2023). By the way the tariff it refers at the bottom is for the Vodafone link to use the internet browser, etc. Nothing to do with my problem.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's updating the Hermes module in the background, hence why online connection is unavailable. Give it half an hour or so and it will come back. Check the app to see when it says installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should’ve mentioned that this happened 10 days ago, at first I thought it would get resolved after a couple of days and didn’t think much of it. Now i had to book an investigation appointment with my local MB. When I called MercedesMe no one was able to help or knew any information about my issue.

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Have you gone into settings to see if there are items stacked up for download? Although MMe should tell you as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same day I got this notification on the app View attachment 8173
My car stopped communicating to the app, then I realized there were no live traffic updates, and when I asked Mercedes for the weather it would say ‘internet unavailable’ see below
View attachment 8178
View attachment 8179

has anyone seen this before? Very weird, makes no sense why would online services all of the sudden stop working (they should work until late 2023). By the way the tariff it refers at the bottom is for the Vodafone link to use the internet browser, etc. Nothing to do with my problem.
i have same problem after update !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you gone into settings to see if there are items stacked up for download? Although MMe should tell you as well.
In 8 months I’ve owned the car I’ve had a few updates. I don’t think there are updates stacked up for download. Even when I go to settings to see the update i was prompted on the app, it’s not listed. Probably because for that very action the car needs internet, and well, theres no internet to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Keep us updated on the outcome and good luck.

Reactions: alexcannas

·
Registered
A200 Sport 2018
21 Posts
Any further news or update on this as it has also happened to me.
Had my car in for B service and map update last week, but since then, no internet connection via MMe and settings show internet as offline and data not available.
Tried ringing MMe customer services - website said open till 1800, but when I called at 1730, offices were closed. Same result when I then rang the complaints number. Typical Friday POETS day!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got mine sorted out Friday . The last update for
my car was on the 26-05-21
But something went wrong , with the download.
Went to Mercedes-Benz dealership and got it sorted. Reloaded and working .
Was told , that this update can only be done at a dealership , as it too big to be sent over the airway can take 3 hours . So it best done by Mercedes Benz free
It took just over 1.5 hours for a system check
And download

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to MB aftersales today to get it sorted, place looked a bit run down, compared to main dealership. anyway not the point.
after a few hours of queueing, the chap had a look at it, and downloaded the update for the communication module (Hermes), then came to me saying there's another update required, this time for the MBUX, said it would take 100 minutes or less to download and they were closing, so suggested i come back when i can, the update has to be plugged in on site, and not possible over the air.

Considering the internet is back working and vehicle/app communication is working again, I'm in no rush to go back but will definitely do it.

All in all, it's been a frustrating experience, they don't work weekends, close quite early, you can only leave the car from 8-10:30am, several hours wait for a job that took 45mins to fix.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Went to MB aftersales today to get it sorted, place looked a bit run down, compared to main dealership. anyway not the point.
after a few hours of queueing, the chap had a look at it, and downloaded the update for the communication module (Hermes), then came to me saying there's another update required, this time for the MBUX, said it would take 100 minutes or less to download and they were closing, so suggested i come back when i can, the update has to be plugged in on site, and not possible over the air.

Considering the internet is back working and vehicle/app communication is working again, I'm in no rush to go back but will definitely do it.

All in all, it's been a frustrating experience, they don't work weekends, close quite early, you can only leave the car from 8-10:30am, several hours wait for a job that took 45mins to fix.
go back for that update for MBUX as all other update go through MBUX
and try to use a maindealers far better

·
Registered
A200 Sport 2018
21 Posts
Many thanks for the updates.
I have internet the car subscription for internet radio, which does not work (Vodafone not at all helpful when I called them) and Mbundu online services not working as will not connect to internet.

·
Registered
W177 A200
76 Posts
View attachment 8179

I had the same last week. No updates showed up on the MercedesMe App.
I googled it and I found the Vodafone internet in the car webpage.
I linked my car's sim to the webpage and it gave me a 1G trial package for free for 28 days.
Next day, the car was online, but not sure if this has anything to do with it. I got my car 2 weeks ago and all the MercedesMe services are valid until 2024.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts