Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the iPE exhaust system before?
In the process of buying the de-cat pipe for mine as my ecu should be back tommorow from dms. does anybody recommend IPE work ?they are ready to dispatch start of next week milltek won’t be ready till start of July for delivery here is the prices which seems dear for the de cat pipe Milltek said they are 80mm diameter exhaust and for some reason they never seen before but they have another follow sensor before it goes into the back box of the car

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice there using original actuator for valves but seems like a lot of dosh for a stainless exhaust, pretty sure armytrix titanium ones for w176 was cheaper

·
Registered
111 Posts
What diameter is the stock exhaust, have you measured? I know our tips are 90mm. You're not replacing the tips too are you? Stock tips with the night package are by far the best I've seen.

·
Registered
111 Posts
On a side note, do we get anything from connecting our tips with the rest of the exhaust, other than knowing they're not fake no more? Better sound?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love the exhaust tips on the car and I'm keeping them when I get a custom exhaust welded in next few weeks. Straight pipe from OPF ... need to take my car down to my guy but he reckons there's just one back box like the A35. I enquired about the iPE exhaust ... £2950 + £650 for shipping and fitting ... couldn't justify it. Custom exhaust with a valve is similar and less than half the price.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theo Stock exhaust 80mm
yeah mental money even for postage alone from ipe !
You would want a Taiwan woman posted alone with the exhaust to cover the cost !
Armytrix
Price wise direct from factory a full cat back exhuast with Chrome tailpipes cost is £3480 inc VAT

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the exhaust tips on the car and I'm keeping them when I get a custom exhaust welded in next few weeks. Straight pipe from OPF ... need to take my car down to my guy but he reckons there's just one back box like the A35. I enquired about the iPE exhaust ... £2950 + £650 for shipping and fitting ... couldn't justify it. Custom exhaust with a valve is similar and less than half the price.
I am just looking for the front downpipe

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh you're just looking to get rid of OPF, and cat seeing as you're talking about a catless pipe. That's why you're sticking with same diameter as stock, I thought you were going bigger. How restrictive is OPF do you know? I'm asking because on some hot hatches like the latest Seat Leon Cupra, they thought it'd be very restrictive and turns out it wasn't so. I'm keeping the cat but I might look into getting rid of the OPF at some point, unless it's as restrictive as 10-20hp which won't worth the risk. I think we can't pass emissions without it and I'm gonna have to put it back on when it's due, not worth the trouble for such gains.

Are you sure it's 80mm, that's so good, it's beyond good actually, it's incredible! I was thinking it'd be like 76. We'll never have to upgrade as 80mm is good for like 700hp!! Forget about exhaust temps on this car!

I wonder what's our turbo specs. Turbo inlet looks massive. Wish I could find any info, maybe your tuner knows something. It does say something on the turbo but I can't make nothing of it. Few months ago I said it shouldn't be too big, as several articles were saying that it peaked at a mammoth -for a stock car- 30.5 psi. How could it only make 420hp? Know what I think? I think that 30.5 psi is in fact absolute pressure, not gauge pressure as I thought! That is about 16psi gauge, which would mean that the turbo has to be big! Looking at it, it does look big enough. Just some random thoughts...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts