Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the latest on the iPhone drive-kit??

I have called around a few dealers today, and none seem to be very definitive / clued up about it.

They can all tell me what it does and that it is available, but no one so far has managed to give me a price for either the kit on its own, or for it fully fitted - all have taken my number and said they would need to get back to me.

Can someone shed some light on prices???Edited by: zazaz

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you're talking about the i phone holder on page 11 of the accessories brochure - my dealer said it is £264 inc VAT - I didn't bother at that price

<table ="ms-table-cols-4"><t><tr ="ms-colored"><th =" ms-table-col-1" style="height:16;vertical-align:middle;">Phone Cradles </th> <td style="cq--ref://unitedkingdom/retailer-N/mercedes-benz_of_norwich/my_library/media_library/passenger_cars_ng/owners_areas/accessories___collection/car_items/iphone;vertical-align:middle;" =" ms-table-col-2 ms-table-distance-2 ">
</td> <td style="vertical-align:middle;" =" ms-table-col-3"> With a Mercedes-Benz mobile phone cradle, you are
assured optimum reception quality as a result of using the car's
external aerial, battery charging function and access to the phone's
internal memory. For available mobile phone cradles and compatibility,
you can visit www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com. </td> <td style="vertical-align:middle;" =" ms-table-col-4"> Phone cradles for many makes and models e.g for Blackberry 9700/ 9780 Bold A2128201351 £100.80 </td> </tr> <tr> <th =" ms-table-col-1" style="height:16;vertical-align:middle;">
</th> <td style="vertical-align:middle;" =" ms-table-col-2"> </td> <td style="vertical-align:middle;" =" ms-table-col-3"> </td> <td style="vertical-align:middle;" =" ms-table-col-4"> iPhone cradle £264.00 </td></tr></t></table>

Edited by: TerryA213

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it is not that - it is the 'iPhone Drive Kit', which is a dealer fit accessory and fully integrates your iPhone via the cars screen and controls.

It allows you to go onto Facebook & Twitter via your phones connection, it reads messages out loud when you get any whilst driving, it displays latest news & weather etc, and allows you to use your phones maps as a sav nav and displays it on the screen. Lots more too

I have been told it integrates with the iPhone to create almost like a "mini / basic command system"
Edited by: zazaz

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is another post on here somewhere with the price for the kit as I requested the dealer quote me and I think it was about £570 so I didnt bother as I will only have the car three years and I might even move away from the iPhone

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
My local dealer has it advertised at £795 fitted

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is not the media interface. This is what I mean - there is so much confusion over it amongst the dealers, nevermind the forums!

Media Interface basically allows you to plug portable music devices in and listen to the music off them, but the 'iPhone Drive Kit' adds full iPhone connectivity (not just music) and uses your phones data connection to provide a mini-command style system as I stated earlier.

You connect the iPhone up into your glovebox, close the glovebox, and then you can fully control Facebook / Twitter / News / Weather / Sat Nav on your iPhone via the cars own controls, and it displays up on the cars screen too

I am also aware of massive differences in price, hence why I tried getting my own prices today
Edited by: zazaz

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't waste your money - go for std spec. Buy a brodit phone holder for £25, plug a USB stick in for music.

You can see twitter and Facebook on phone and really can you post messages etc on the steering wheel?
My partner has C Class with iPhone integration and he jumps through hoops with his 'interface' that I can do in seconds by pressing iphone home button and using Siri direct from phone!

Only downside is updating stick, but that's it! Spend your near £1k on sunroof which is brilliant!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts