Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether IPhone integration will be available with the standard screen ? My MB dealer tells me the Drive Kit Plus only applies to the basic car models, but the sales literature seems to suggest a dedicated Drive Kit Plus screen is required for iPhone integration. Confused !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To clarify (slightly) my MB dealer said this, when I asked for the drive kit plus as an option - "The drive kit plus is not yetavailable for the UK market as this compliments the very basic audio system which our cars will not be supplied with"</span>
</span></font>
Does this make sense to anyone in terms of whether my car will come pre-wired for iphone intregation ?</span></font>
thanks
</span></font><div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: normal;">

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So here's an update on this and its not good news for anyone waiting for their A-class. Apparently the cars will not come with iPhone / screen integration functionality for the Drive Kit app to work. Everyone will have to wait until 'early 2013' when the Drive Kit Plus kit becomes available - and this will need to be retro installed by your MB dealer before you can use the advertised features.

This really annoys me - after all the advertising showing Drive Kit functionality they can't install this on UK cars at the factory in time for first deliveries ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank Dan- Not sure my MB dealer knows what's going on. Am hearing conflicting things about these kits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In answer to your question I believe all cars come standard with a USB port and 3.5m aux port. I didn't order the integration kit and my MB dealer was the one who actually told me this. I do not have the command system either - just the basic system.Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts