Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 amg line was involved in a car collision whilst parked up. Can this be repaired? The back wheel was pretty bent too. I’ve only had it since October I am gutted.

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
Most things of that scale are repairable.

It’s up to the insurance company to make the decision to repair or give you “market value” for it and write it off.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Feeling sorry for you, whilst in appreciation that it may be repaired under insurance it's your baby that you obviously love & treasure.

Good & better luck to you during 2021

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it’s going to be a long wait in to next week to find out if they will repair it. It’s currently being moved from the Mercedes approved bodyshop the breakdown cover took it too to a body shop my insurers insisted it goes to. I don’t even know if it is best to be written off as I just don’t how I feel about a bodyshop I know nothing about doing all that work. Not even sure if the people who had the collision are insured as the police are giving nothing away, it’s a mess 😞

thanks for replying.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I hope that I can put your mind at ease, If the bodyshop is one that's approved by your insurance company then their work is up to standard.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
109 Posts
My 2017 amg line was involved in a car collision whilst parked up. Can this be repaired? The back wheel was pretty bent too. I’ve only had it since October I am gutted. View attachment 7158 View attachment 7159 View attachment 7160
What a nightmare to come back to :mad:

The doors can be repaired or replaced and the impact looks quite high, so if there's no damage to the chassis I'd be surprised if it's a write off. As you say, you might need a new axle too

·
Registered
80 Posts
My understanding is that you have the right to choose your preferred repairer . I am pretty sure that your insurer cannot make you use their own repair source . You may lose hire car rights whilst yours is in for repair . Unless the rules have changed and I’m not aware . Hope it gets sorted for you .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts