Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Did you buy your Mercedes Me Services, or did you get it free?

• I had to pay for my Mercedes Me Services

• I got mine free - AMG

• I got mine free - Premium Plus

• I got mine free - neither AMG nor Premium Pus

• Other (please expand below)

• I haven't bothered with purchasing any Me Services

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Read Only
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys getting new a class sept (70 reg) is it worth upgrading the me app or waste of time

·
Registered
222 Posts
Only if you have subscribed to one of the services. Otherwise, it offers very little in my experience.

·
Super Moderator
1,536 Posts
100% worth getting. A lot of my services if not all of them are free for 3 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can confirm it’s not limited to AMG and Premium Plus. I got my A180 se 3 weeks ago and all’s free for three years (apart from smartphone integration and navigation services) I find it most useful in all fairness.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can confirm it’s not limited to AMG and Premium Plus. I got my A180 se 3 weeks ago and all’s free for three years (apart from smartphone integration and navigation services) I find it most useful in all fairness.
Thats interesting. Mine is A180D 2019 Premium and I had to pay to activate all the services for a year and will need to keep paying every year.

·
Super Moderator
1,536 Posts
To give people that don’t know an idea of what’s on offer here are mine. Haven’t paid a penny for any of them.
CEC3F4A7-AEB3-4B8C-A548-DA6E7C42DD23.png
1C627AAA-2D53-4236-A967-3A1E928A77C8.png
1388BBE8-D3C7-486C-AEA0-FFB6613ED567.png
1AC1BF71-C859-4C4E-8F15-971832638494.png
4E91590A-AC3C-472E-B973-3734223145EB.png
9A35C6FA-FB27-426B-A39F-F3218CB61509.png
53C30626-DED8-4D4A-BDE8-D802B75D55EC.png

·
Super Moderator
1,536 Posts
Just noticed I have in car office. I thought that was a payable service?

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Just noticed I have in car office. I thought that was a payable service?
It was until recently, see this

·
Registered
733 Posts
Personally I feel that the whole principle of charging for these so called services is underhand and profiteering. I hadn't realised that there was a sliding scale of which services are included with various levels trim levels but I have a Premium Plus and most of the services I have are either of greater benefit to MB (all of the Safety & Service) than me or should be standard in any case on a premium brand car.

I believe that this whole con is predicated on the expectation that most 'owners' use lease plans to acquire their cars so the additional monthly cost for a 'service' is small but the accumulated value to MB is vast.

Just my view, as you can see I'm not a fan 😎

·
Registered
454 Posts
Love it or loathe it, this practice is here to stay. BMW are upping the ante by announcing they will be making certain car features eg heated seats, subscription-based. So if you like to keep your cars for a few years you could be paying substantial amounts.

The idea of course is that fitting the hardware to every vehicle then activating it only for those that want it, saves considerable amounts of money both on the production line and logistics. Fair enough, but it also gives some idea of the profit margins of these things.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got all of them for free (AMG line premium) was a nice surprise as I was willing to pay for remote unlocking etc.
Just wish in car office actually showed up in my car now...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Got all of them for free (AMG line premium) was a nice surprise as I was willing to pay for remote unlocking etc.
Just wish in car office actually showed up in my car now...
That's weird I have premium plus and have Office but none of the other Paid services such as unlocking.

Are any of these paid services supposed to be included on the Premium Plus?

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's weird I have premium plus and have Office but none of the other Paid services such as unlocking.

Not a clue, I didn't know anyone got them free tbh. I was told I was being them as a courtesy along with a full tank of fuel. (which was another nice surprise, my last car had less than a mile of petrol in it when I collected it, wasn't happy lol.)
App has already saved my ass once though as it told me my door was open two days ago, and lo and behold I had left my drivers door wide open when getting my bits in from the care and not even realised like a tw*t.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a July 2020 amg line premium plus and got every available service for free, except for the £49 navigation services. All are either unlimited, or three years, except office which is one year. And 3/4 tank of petrol

·
Registered
110 Posts
I even got the navigation services free.
Service I really want is to use the camera as a dash cam. Would happily pay for that... Of only mercedes would allow it in the UK.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I even got the navigation services free.
Service I really want is to use the camera as a dash cam. Would happily pay for that... Of only mercedes would allow it in the UK.
I have an A200. What is yours? I don't know if anyone else has the free nav, most seemed to have got what I have. The fup3 update adds a 'recordings' folder to your usb flash drive, which has us all wondering if dashcam may soon become an option. Also, in my mercedes fantasy land, no reason it couldn't include a rear dashcam on cars with the rear camera.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have an A200. What is yours? I don't know if anyone else has the free nav, most seemed to have got what I have. The fup3 update adds a 'recordings' folder to your usb flash drive, which has us all wondering if dashcam may soon become an option. Also, in my mercedes fantasy land, no reason it couldn't include a rear dashcam on cars with the rear camera.
A200 premium. I was told I was given everything free as a courtesy.
I don't have fup3 yet (even though I was told mine was fully updated when I collected last week)
I truly hope they add it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts