Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an update for MBUX the other day and just noticed that now when the engine and gearbox are cold and you look at the engine information it is now coloured blue to indicate it is not upto temperature,where before it was white.

I know on the main drivers dash it would always show as blue when cold and then go to white when warm,and I did always think it was odd that it wasn't the same on the central display.

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA45 S
39 Posts
It is the same for me here as well, blue when cold. And I have yet to receive any updates though for MBUX.

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
There are so many menus I haven't even looked at that one yet.

For @changchewsoon if you have a 2021 model you probably had all the necessary updates pre-pickup so I doubt you need to worry.

·
Registered
2021 A45s in mountain grey.
76 Posts
I’ve had that on my 21 plate since picked it up in April. Not sure what firmware I’m on as the cars in the pamper parlour at the mo.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had an update yesterday and mines has changed too
Glad to hear it isn't me just going mad.

Have you noticed any other changes?

I also noticed that I now have an option for Online Music,don't remember seeing that before either.

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
It's also reset many settings. Such as the music bass/treble/midrange but annoyingly I only discovered while driving the sat nav volume had been defaulted to zero.

Reactions: ASAMG

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's also reset many settings. Such as the music bass/treble/midrange but annoyingly I only discovered while driving the sat nav volume had been defaulted to zero.
You know what,that has happened with ours too.I wondered why the sat nav sounded so quiet and the music a bit crap.

I wonder if it's worth me to start doing videos covering these updates for MBUX?
Probably won't get many views but it may help a few people out,such as warning people about the defaulting volume,show the changes and such like.

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
You know what,that has happened with ours too.I wondered why the sat nav sounded so quiet and the music a bit crap.

I wonder if it's worth me to start doing videos covering these updates for MBUX?
Probably won't get many views but it may help a few people out,such as warning people about the defaulting volume,show the changes and such like.
Not a bad idea. Especially anything else you come across.

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Online music was available quite a while ago! Tidal and Amazon Music.

If you search for Amazon Music in the main W177 section you’ll find the corresponding discussion.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Online music was available quite a while ago! Tidal and Amazon Music.

If you search for Amazon Music in the main W177 section you’ll find the corresponding discussion.
Just checked and it definitely wasn't on mine before.
This is my screen prior to the update.
I know Tidal was available before,but I'm sure it was under something like apps.

Before update

Also here is a photo of how the temperature would look on the engine data screen when cold.
Also notice how the options for DYNAMIC SELECT,VEHICLE,ENGINE and CONSUMPTION are now all in a different order.

Before update

After update

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Strange you didn’t get Amazon Music.

Amazon music was delivered OTA to my car, didn’t need a dealer visit update!

It came down as an “Infotainment Update”, like this:

Click

Wonder if your MBUX settings to receive online updates was switched off?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Strange you didn’t get Amazon Music.

Amazon music was delivered OTA to my car, didn’t need a dealer visit update!

It came down as an “Infotainment Update”, like this:

Click

Wonder if your MBUX settings to receive online updates was switched off?
Mine was an OTA update and not done at the dealership.
Makes me wonder if I just got the update really late for some reason.I know with things such as TV's,updates will be available for a few hours and if not done in that time then you miss your opportunity until the next time they decide to send it out.Maybe I've just kept missing it.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
152 Posts
I'd be more concerned that you have the climate control set to 23.5°...

🥵

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Reactions: IvorB

·
Registered
248 Posts
I got that OTA infotainment update last night and it has added online music as @TTG has pointed out and changed the submenus order under AMG Performance. I assume engine and gearbox must now appear blue when cold, but just haven't got the chance to notice as I got the update after coming back home. Tried online music but it said I need an account and I assume it's not free in my region. Not interested, that's why I got a 250Gb USB drive. So anyways, here's something odd:

That last update is version apilevel/ntg6/080 and it required switching off the engine and not touching anything, limited functionality etc.
Previous version was apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063 which was installed again OTA 4 months ago and had also required switching off the engine etc.
But 5 days ago, June 12, got another infotainment OTA update, which didn't change the version (it was still apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063) and didn't require anything, in fact I remember starting the car and getting the successful installation message but it never asked me to accept any terms, nor instructed me to switch off the engine, no limited functionality, no nothing. So I wonder what kind of update that was.

Here are the updates. Top one is the one I got last night and then it's 5 days ago. The communication module that you see next is an update I got about a month ago and after that, which you can't see here is map updates and the previous infotainment version that I got 4 months ago. So in total I've got 3 infotainment updates: apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063, again apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063 and apilevel/ntg6/080.

software_update_17.06.2021.png

1 - 16 of 16 Posts