Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
updated pic from seller. Pretty much confirms no ambient or 10” screen. In 2 minds whether to go ahead.. View attachment 8136
This looks like the executive pack with office functionality more of a business class. Unfortunate they did not opt for the amg line premium pack (ambient lighting 2 x 10inch display key less entry etc)extra £3000 or premium plus(pan roof upgraded sound system and everything premium plus offers for £4.5k extra

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
152 Posts
My car was one of the last to have the premium pack on the sport trim, so I have the ambient lighting and two large screens. I don't like the suede seats in the amg line as I know I'd **** them up, but I believe you have to have that trim to get the premium pack now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My car was one of the last to have the premium pack on the sport trim, so I have the ambient lighting and two large screens. I don't like the suede seats in the amg line as I know I'd **** them up, but I believe you have to have that trim to get the premium pack now.
You were lucky there with your selection. And yeah the half leather seats comes in all the amg line. I have the AMG Line premium plus 3 kids and the seats generally are not hard to clean

·
Registered
97 Posts
Two large screens was a non negotiable when I got my A200. The smaller screens are not just less functional, but have a hideous bezel. It would piss me off every time I drove it
Definitely agree. I can't believe the 7" screens are even a thing. In Japan, the 7" screens aren't even available on any a-class - hatchback, sedan, or AMG. It's 10" only.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The faux suede (dinamica) is quite resilient. You probably needn't have worried about its fragility. OTOH, for me, I dislike the AMG Line seats because of the one-piece design of the back and headrest, combined with the overly forward angle of the headrest. In order to have my head at the proper angle, the seatback has to be reclined too much for my liking.
I've managed to reduce the head-tilting effect by adding a foam cushion for my upper back and neck. So now, I don't need to recline the seat so much to get the proper tilt for my head.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
152 Posts
The faux suede (dinamica) is quite resilient. You probably needn't have worried about its fragility. OTOH, for me, I dislike the AMG Line seats because of the one-piece design of the back and headrest, combined with the overly forward angle of the headrest. In order to have my head at the proper angle, the seatback has to be reclined too much for my liking.
I've managed to reduce the head-tilting effect by adding a foam cushion for my upper back and neck. So now, I don't need to recline the seat so much to get the proper tilt for my head.
I'd forgotten about the head restraints issue - you're right it's very much a seat for people that don't carry passengers in the back.

I very much prefer the half-leather from a looks and functionality point of view.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Found a 2019 A35 amg in premium spec. Larger wheels, aero, 10” screens and I’m assuming all prem pack come with ambient lighting?
Buying from a dealer, usually I always buy private with cash / bank transfer. Not sure how best to pay the dealer, should I put the deposit on a credit card ( American exp ) view the car, pay balance from debit account and anything above the 25k debit account limit via a credit card?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Found a 2019 A35 amg in premium spec. Larger wheels, aero, 10” screens and I’m assuming all prem pack come with ambient lighting?
Buying from a dealer, usually I always buy private with cash / bank transfer. Not sure how best to pay the dealer, should I put the deposit on a credit card ( American exp ) view the car, pay balance from debit account and anything above the 25k debit account limit via a credit card?
have they asked for a deposit, unless you really want it and have them take it off the market? Not sure they’d accept a large amount on CC but will happily take bank transfer, that’s how I did mine 🤓

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
They tend to not like anything above £1k or even £500 on credit card! Charges are too much for them!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I can pay the balance on my debit card, no issues there. But am I best to pay circa £250 deposit on the car as a holding deposit from my CC and that way I have some come back if say I’m not happy with the car.. paint work, wheel alignments out etc??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
To confirm, do all premium cars come with ambient lighting? Unfortunately this car doesn’t have pan roof, elec seats or ride control. But it’s priced right for the spec / mileage etc..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
And if the car doesn’t have the multi beam led badge in the headlights - are the headlights just standard LED headlights or Xenons?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
when I purchased my Golf R I paid £32,000 on my debit card. I bank with First Direct and they set up a 3 way call with me, dealer and themselves to confirm everything.

·
Registered
A35 AMG
70 Posts
By default MB come with small screen, it's really a must to add the option "full digital display" to get the bigger screen 👽

21 - 40 of 42 Posts