Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the cool air, only if i set "low" on the mubx
starting from 16°c i have only hot air....

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've noticed that the climate control doesn't seem to take effect in a particularly smooth way, certainly not as precisely as I've had in other cars.

I don't have anything that I could take back to the dealer and describe it as a fault, it may just be the design of the system. It certainly puts out cool air at times, and warm air at others. I probably need to experience how it behaves during more extreme weather conditions before I could say for sure there is a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep Same problem here. If the set temperature is requires heat the it nevers stops heating, if the set temperature requires cooling then it never stops cooling. Going to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep same here. It's always hot or cold and the fan speed seems to be either full blast or not running.

The exterior temperature sensor placement must be odd as well. Driving can be 15-16c, and as soon as I'm stuck in traffic it's 25c outside, which then causes the AC to start blasting me with cold air.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys. New to forum, so hello all! I'm having the same issue with the climate control. Appears to be a widespread issue as dealership weren't suprised when I reported the issue to them. Hope it is a quick fix that doesn't require any major surgery (i.e. dashboard removal!) Anyone else heard back from their dealerships regarding what the fix is?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer confirmed the fault known and is with a temperature sensor in the headlining console. Downside is the part is currently on back order and they have to wait 48 hours before they can chase for a delivery date.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone handed the car in to get this issue fixed? I also feel like sometimes the car is either roasting hot when set to 20c or doesnt' heat up enough when at 24c!

Also, my middle vents seem to blow colder air than the outer vents closer to the doors. Does anyone else notice this? I keep the middle ones closed now but wondering if it's worth while taking it back to the dealership.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haven't had the issue fixed as of yet. Mercedes have ordered the part, just waiting for it to come into stock and then be fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello.. I'm new to the forum and considering getting the A Class on my company car scheme (either that or Audi A3).

Last week I had a demonstrator for 2 days (A200 Executive Auto) which I was generally impressed with although it had the exact issue with the heating/air-con that others have had. I put it down to user error although it sounds like it might not have been. The car was an 18 reg so not totally brand new. I presume MB will have fixed this on new orders?

Would be interested to find out if the fix mentioned above has solved the problem. I prefer the A Class in general to the A3, but the A3 seems a bit more 'tried and tested'. These various niggles/faults people have reported are putting me off the A Class a little.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Would be interested to find out if the fix mentioned above has solved the problem. I prefer the A Class in general to the A3, but the A3 seems a bit more 'tried and tested'. These various niggles/faults people have reported are putting me off the A Class a little.
Don’t be too put off by what you read on here. This forum isn’t representative for all a-class owners. A total of 8,000 a-class cars were registered in August, they aren’t all on this forum. The problems mentioned are no doubt very inconvenient for the owners, but they are just niggles that all manufacturers have, including Audi.

I’ve had no major issues at all with car so far (touch wood), and it’s done nearly 6,000 miles. (A200)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello.. I'm new to the forum and considering getting the A Class on my company car scheme (either that or Audi A3).

Last week I had a demonstrator for 2 days (A200 Executive Auto) which I was generally impressed with although it had the exact issue with the heating/air-con that others have had. I put it down to user error although it sounds like it might not have been. The car was an 18 reg so not totally brand new. I presume MB will have fixed this on new orders?

I don't blame you, domyorks, thinking along these lines at all. I ordered an A200 prior to reading of all the woes and it is due in a few weeks' time. And I shall then be parting with my tried and tested A3 sportback which in four years has not had the tiniest fault or difficulty. (Well, apart from the tedious S-tronic gearbox which in my view is seriously flawed, but you learn to cope with it.) But I am hoping like mad that all these faults mentioned in this A-class forum will be fixed on the production line though I am bound to say I am apprehensive. Apart from the gearbox - (which, admittedly, is hardly a minor component) - the A3 is a terrific car. I have the 1.4 Cylinder on demand (COD) engine, and it is just right in that chassis with deselected sports suspension. You won't be disappointed with an A3 if you go that route, and I am hoping like mad that I won't be disappointed with my forthcoming A-class. Keep us informed!:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts