Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've done the introduction, heres where ill post pictures and thoughts driving adventures and modifications.

cheers and enjoy
Jodie

So far im loving my new A200 I do have a couple of bug bears though...

1st how it defaults to ECO mode! sucks! wish that can be permanently disabled...Any one know how?

2nd Air con defaults to fresh air when most air con techs say it should be on recirculated! only find out when i can smell a dead roo! or stinky truck etc!

3rd not really a problem but the manual shifts would be nice if they actually shift the same day you press them...

My planned mods are.

Eibach 30mm lowered springs should get it sitting nice.
Plug n play computer chip
some black out paint high lights
paint brake callipers red
lower grill strip red as per A250

I've got the footrest coming that was posted on here from ebay by Dan

Pictures :D

Cheeky badge had to do it :)

Needs to be lower

Sorry for all the pics!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice ride man, I had originally ordered an A200CDI with all the sports packs as well. But with delays I upped mine to A250. Have fun, I'm so hanging out to be able to drive it instead of just reading about it. By the way I'm down south in Gippsland, Victoria

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jason. I originally wanted an A250 but just a bit too much$$$. So I pretend mine is one lol

How long till you get yours? I was told I couldn't get a A250 till October and the only other A250 available was July and it was silver and I don't like silver! The extra power yours will have is going to be fun.

Cheers
JodieEdited by: joesbuell

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi joesbuell,

You'll love your A200, I have a Toyota Avalon V6 which I thought was reasonably fast in acceleration. But your A200 is quite a bit faster I stopped watched mine for interest sake and found it over 10s. Yet it feels fast. The A250 is quite quick but I think the whole thing is trying to keep traction at some times slows it down a little.

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) late August but until it is on the ship I can't say. Hope they don't get hijacked by Somali pirates, lol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
joesbuell said:
1st how it defaults to ECO mode! sucks! wish that can be permanently disabled...Any one know how?

2nd Air con defaults to fresh air when most air con techs say it should be on recirculated! only find out when i can smell a dead roo! or stinky truck etc!

3rd not really a problem but the manual shifts would be nice if they actually shift the same day you press them...
1st Unfortunately you can't disable either of the eco modes permanently by yourself (gearbox nor the start/stop). I'm pretty sure that it's possible via the official tester and Star software. Don't know if the dealers are authorized to fiddle with these settings though.

2nd Maybe I don't quite understand what you're trying to say, but that's how it's supposed to work. Under normal situations you want fresh air and when there's something stinky outside, you can press the recirculation button.

3rd I'd say that Merc will address these issues in a future software update.

Have fun with your car!

·
Registered
352 Posts
might be different in Oz - but in UK if Air Con set to re-circ all the time the inside windows tend to mist, particularly if you get in the the car and it's raining as your clothes are moist and the moisture saturates the air ?

Edited by: TerryA213

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Jo and congratulations on the car
Am wondering what car you changed from?
I have a golf R at present with DSG and though it didn't have the eco mode , it also felt quite sluggish when I first got it.
I drove an a200 for a test and with eco it was sluggish and even in sport I had to give it a bootfull to get it moving.
Certainly looks nice with the black rims.
How did your dealer treat the number plates?
did they supply a cover?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lakeman this is only 2nd new car I've bought in my life and by far the flashest! lol
i still have my other car which is a 64 beetle. One of my main reasons for this purchase was so i could do up my old girl. I love how my A200 goes in sport mode other then the slight lag at take off but if ya give it a boot full she gets up and boggies! :)
i love the wheels myself they make the car. just did not dig the star ones that if came with.
not sue what you mean with number plates, but if talking bout the rims on them it has nice clear plastic covers that have the dealers name on them. the prestige thin plates cost me $99.

on the aircon i have friends who are aircon techs and have always said air will be more efficient on recirculate. i just don't like how the car keeps default back id rather if i set air to one thing it stayed there until i decide to change it! same goes for the eco and sport modes...

·
Registered
373 Posts
congrats joesbuell!!! looks really top notch!! Eibach springs will make a huge difference.

The eco start stop being 'on' everytime you start the car is a little annoying i must confess. Always switch mine off. Although i dont mind the eco box setting as i will always wait till engine and gearbox fluids have warmed up sufficiently before switching modes.

Air con is better on re-circ. Cooling already cooled air is far more efficent than constantly cooling warmer external air. Re-circing the air should make no difference to the moisture level or misting though as air conned air is dry. If its misting up its not working properly and porbably needs a re-gas or something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Regarding the aircon: Dealer mentioned when I picked it up that it defaults off recirc after a period of time as the car is so well sealed you will run low on oxygen if it doesn't pull more in from outside.

May be BS but it makes a little bit of sense of why it always defaults back to outside air.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dude that looks amazing. Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks chaps ;) makes a bit of sense about the air letting fresh air in.
I'll roll with that cheers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I am thanks went for a drive yesterday for a hour and a half bloody awesome fun ;)
Doing a 2000k return trip soon and can't wait! And going to Port Macquarie this friday for the week so that will be around 700k round trip :)

Love this car

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This just arrived for car

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fitted no more dirty foot on the carpet ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Really finishes the footwell. Don't laugh, but this was my only planned change/enhancement! Will protect the carpet! We can all thank aguycalleddb for his discovery! Thanks to Dan!

·
Registered
352 Posts
hopefully mine will arrive today

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep thanks Dan. This is what I like about forums help and learn from each other :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts