Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current list of issues:
Loud buzz/rattle somewhere around steering column or behind dash - drives me crackers
Buzzing/ rattle from right side of the dash
Buzzes from Left hand side of dash
Buzzing from both front doors
Buzzing from drivers b pillar
Rattle/ knocking from boot
Wiper knocking on A pillar sporadically!
‘Camera dirty’ warning frequently appears for no apparent reason
The AEB Red triangle lights up randomly when the road is clear.
Parking sensors show a ‘red bubble’ around entire car when nothing there
Drivers seat rocks back/ forth
Wind noise from near side rear passenger window
Ac starting to make gurgling/ swishing noises
Car mists up all the time even though the ac is always on
Noise from the boot like the camera is randomly opening and closing when driving along.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Grim news for this latest A class for those that have one on order or who already own one. Not sure if all the rattles etc can be sorted out after they have built the car and if a dealership will even want to attempt to rectify them given they could well create even more problems along the way.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. Mine is luckily still rattle/buzzing free after 9,000 miles.

Regarding the parking sensors & camera, I am assuming the system is constantly watching out when to spring into action, specially at lower speeds. I do occasionally hear the camera opening and closing at lower speeds or when moving off, even when it’s not needed. I have also occasionally had the parking sensors going off when for example a motorcycle passes in slow traffic.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll have to get round to leaving it into the dealer to get the most annoying noises looked at and hope they don’t make things worse pulling bits and bobs off and putting them back. One of the reasons I buy new is to avoid the trips to the garage you might expect with a used car. Glad to hear there are cars out there that aren’t giving any problems - Not sure what mine will be like at 9k!

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
it was the same scenario when the A Class first launched, lots of ppl dumping their cars back at dealers for rattle fixing, my 45 was a proper rattle bucket but well aimed thumps began to cure things, when the FL launched they seemed to have fixed things but it looks like its back to square one with the new release

·
Registered
5 Posts
Loud buzz/rattle somewhere around steering column or behind dash - drives me crackers
Noise from the boot like the camera is randomly opening and closing when driving along.
I have the rattling & it seems the same area as yours, also the sensors go mad when Im on fully lock with nothing around me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've not had any of the issues you've listed in the 9 weeks I've had my A200.
maybe I should stick it on a boat to Australia and see what it is like over there - maybe mine needs a vitamin d boost due to lack of sun ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
No issues with our car either since September, A200 AMG line premium plus , it’s really solid and smooth with no rattles .

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 180d has almost 4k km's and i experienced some of the issues you mentioned. One that annoys me the most it's maybe the sound of gurgling and whooshing from the AC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me also provide you with my feedback with A Class A180d, Build May ’18 (177.003), up taken by me Dec ’18 (as a “Leaseplan” corporate leasing car). Car now with almost 3.000Km.

Day 1, need for wheels alignment since you need to have the steering wheel slightly left to go straight.

Cabin noise from the back doors – windows, present from the beginning. Went to official service, identified but no technical guidance from MB at the moment. They tried to place some foam isolation parts under the glass finistrine part with no luck. They said that they had faced a car with a broken finistrine and they identified that the under part of finistrine was not closed (covered?) compared to the previous model, so they though maybe a solution. No luck, noise worse than before.

Issues with the gear box, same as described by other users, lag – hesitant. Discussed with them for Fresh Up 1, but with no no luck. They couldn’t find it & upload it. They just said that found an upgrade for gear box. No more info what the upgrades does or resolves…
Originally my car offer was stating 17” wheels but finally came with 16”. They say that probably the hesitant – lag, comes from the different step – different setup of the gear box (had a similar spare car with 17”, difference was “day to night” with mine, regarding the gear box).

Since car was in for inspection they informed about a strange fault they identified through the diagnostic check. Faulty AdBlue container & need to be replaced. Explanation was that probablya faulty sensor may not always give an accurate measurement, but need to replace container altogether. No fault indication on dash. First time fault identified, spare part not available locally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting rattles at 70mph from the driver's side dash/steering column too, been to the Mercedes garage 4 times now and they still haven't found it.. apart from that been a nice car so far!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine after 2 weeks has just started to rattle behind the steering column above 20 miles an hour. Continuous on motorways. Can hear it over the music.

Have complained to dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you solve your issues with the issues with the AEB? Parking sensor bubble and ‘Camera Dirty’ ? Mine has gone back 8 times for these issues and keep getting robbed off with ‘software update’

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like many others I’ve not experienced any issues at all - A200 sportauto (splendid)since Jan 2020.
But we should be concerned for others, not so fortunate, as to how MB look after us.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I get wind noise from the nearside rear door or window. They are going to investigate during my next service next month. Also, the dirty camera message occasionally.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts