Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i've only ever had red cars in the past, but went for the Cirrus White A Class.
My god, does it look great when clean, but it gets dirty WAY too quickly!!

It's a twice a week job, which when living in an apartment isn't too easy - I may ask for a jetwash for my birthday.

Any tips on keeping a white car looking pristing? Here's hoping for some drier weather...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take a look at my post in the detailing section

·
Registered
138 Posts
I feel your pain! I have had silver cars for 13 years (6 of them) and I have gone to Mountain Grey. Absolutely beautiful clean....and a must to dry. Had mine professionally cleaned on Sat....and after a wee scoot about town...it had a layer of dust by Sunday. I am going to be bathing this beauty regularly!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I find the car a nightmare to keep clean and the back gets filthy, it just seems to suck up the dirt. Also sometimes when I use screen-wash at front, some ends up on back window! Must be the shape and the speed lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Agree re the back getting so dirty. The other one is when it rains the muck that get up under the doors is unbelieveable. Why on earth did i choose white?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Winter soon be over Janine and you realise why you made the right choice! Until then keep paying the little man to clean it lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ha Ha. I live on an unmade road. Its mud all winter and dust all summer so you just have to learn to live with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
mine is also white & for first three weeks after delivery it hardly stopped raining! I learnt very quickly every dirt trap on the bodywork & think that the amg body kit makes the job far more fiddly....but it looks SO good when its clean that its worth it !I am, however, getting a bit of a sad reputation though amongst family & friends and may soon become a closet, secret cleaner.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Just found some lovely people who wash cars by hand! Had it done today, was really shiny and beautiful after! Just a quick wash today but will have a thorough valet a couple of times a year! The company is called Waves! They are found at some Tesco Supermarkets. Only cost £5.00 for a surface wash plus wheels!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yep! I agree with all the comments. When it's clean it's worth it! I even just washed the tyres tonight as I got some mud on the side walls sad or what?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Lynne said:
Just found some lovely people who wash cars by hand! Had it done today, was really shiny and beautiful after! Just a quick wash today but will have a thorough valet a couple of times a year! The company is called Waves! They are found at some Tesco Supermarkets. Only cost £5.00 for a surface wash plus wheels!
Did you ask how much grit was in their bucket and sponge? I would trust a cheap hand wash even less than a horrific motorised car wash!

You are very brave with the paint finish on your beautiful new car Lynne.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Even street dust is a pain with white color. Add a few drops of condensed moisture after a chilly night and you have crap all over the car

·
Registered
109 Posts
mon2s said:
Lynne said:
Did you ask how much grit was in their bucket and sponge? I would trust a cheap hand wash even less than a horrific motorised car wash!

You are very brave with the paint finish on your beautiful new car Lynne.
This!
Wouldn't let anyone other than myself near my car!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
They got rid of all surface grit, dirt etc first. Used a clean cloth or chamois for everything. Car looked great after! No swirls or scratches!Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You've all given me a complex! My car is looking great, but, I'm not going to mention anything else, lol! Are you all men?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just had mine cleaned and I'm sure the water hose the people use has damaged and chipped som paintwork!!!!!!! How do I get it off?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts