Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
381 - 400 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
LOL!! :)
You are telling ME? !! :)
It is definitely a new vehicle seller's market out here at the moment.
:p I'm sure we both know where to stick that deposit, where it fits best. :ROFLMAO:
But do remember to suggest the B pillar soft trim if anyone is really considering such an "investment".

Reactions: Turbo Ed

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
AMG need to sort the A45s for the FL version. At 1000m the BMW is just 0.1sec behind and it launched best of the three but the RS3 then walked away with everything 😒

·
Registered
309 Posts
AMG need to sort the A45s for the FL version. At 1000m the BMW is just 0.1sec behind and it launched best of the three but the RS3 then walked away with everything 😒
I hope I’m wrong here but it looks like we will have to wait till the W178 for any meaningful improvements power & performance wise. I don’t think they will bother to do anything more than a mere cosmetic facelift on the W177 FL.
To power the “Electrified“ turbo it needs to operate via a 48-volt on-board electrical system. The turbocharger, electric motor and power electronics are connected to the combustion engine's cooling circuit to create an optimized temperature environment at all times. With 2-3 years left in its shelf life will they do it? Anyway we should all know in another 3 months or so as I’m very sure the FL model will be launched in September as 2023 model after their August summer holidays.
Cheers mate!

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
I hope I’m wrong here but it looks like we will have to wait till the W178 for any meaningful improvements power & performance wise. I don’t think they will bother to do anything more than a mere cosmetic facelift on the W177 FL.
To power the “Electrified“ turbo it needs to operate via a 48-volt on-board electrical system. The turbocharger, electric motor and power electronics are connected to the combustion engine's cooling circuit to create an optimized temperature environment at all times. With 2-3 years left in its shelf life will they do it? Anyway we should all know in another 3 months or so as I’m very sure the FL model will be launched in September as 2023 model after their August summer holidays.
Cheers mate!
I think you are right and also hope you are not.

·
Registered
677 Posts
What is worse, the BMW is really the A35 / S3 competitor. (Ignoring doors / rears seating. of course) What happens when the the M2 is released?

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Game over!
Yes I'm getting that sense too. And as @Dlff says the A-Class, as long as it doesn't get the chop, probably won't be competitive until the new A-Class arrives in circ. 2025.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
And what car rate the A45s above the RS3. As it should.

Of note this example of the RS3 did the 1/4 mile in the same time as the A45s usually clocks 12.2s.

·
Registered
677 Posts
And what car rate the A45s above the RS3. As it should.

Of note this example of the RS3 did the 1/4 mile in the same time as the A45s usually clocks 12.2s.
However, yet anther pointless, (although, presumably entertaining to some) comparison of two totally non comparable vehicles.
Even if one ignores the Doors/ Seating situation, (which not many would, outside the world of "journalism"), the 240i is the S3's "competitor", not the RS3's..
The journos just cannot wait the few months for the M2 to do the job professionally, can they?
Then they wonder why there is so much scepticism about modern journalism, generally.
Click driven, that's all I can say.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
That '85 quattro must be the ugliest rally car I've ever seen.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
And you can buy ten 991 turbo S for the price.

Reactions: srea064

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts

Reactions: jennypenny

·
Registered
677 Posts
I couldn't agree more with the general comments of previous post, although I didn't think it is that much better than my A45S over 5,500 RPM.

@veeeight, have you personally sat in one, or better still, driven one?

Wall to wall HARD plastic, (much harder than my A45S, and far more prevalent, over and below the belt line) and when driven over my personal usage test piece of broken road surface, squeaks already apparent in the brand new demo.
Admittedly no rattles, (yet) in the 100 KM usage vehicle.
I put just over 100 KM's on it and singularly unimpressed with the standard vehicle.

Only one reason for purchasing this vehicle over the CURRENT A45S, (let alone the FL about to launch) and that is if you are looking to modify it over 650 HP.
Then you literally have no choice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It’s now nearly 4 weeks since the a45s arrived, and all I can say is fantastic (and my wife also). Only covered about 300 miles, ride quality, seats, and overall quality very good, panel gaps all consistent and no squeaking, rattling or interior problems. Tyres a bit noisy but not irritating, I think the front door pockets could have some linings as well as the glove box, Burmester not as good as I thought it would be, but still time to fine tune it !!
As for the rs3, nearly ordered one, until I saw the quality of a s-line interior, and as I have said previously it was just a poor design and cheep plastic, very disappointed. But the a45s has a better interior and exterior by some distance.
About 6 weeks ago I sat in a rs3 hatch back and I was going to test drive it, but that’s about as far I could go, it did nothing at all for me.
Roll on more miles.

381 - 400 of 404 Posts