Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to place an order for a new A35 Premium Plus, Cosmos Black, Adaptive Suspension and Advanced Navigation Pack. I have been searching online for the best lease deal over 36 months (35+3 initial payment + 10k miles to be exact). I am considering 3 companies:

1) Jet Vehicle Finance - they provided my last car - won't tell you what it is as you'll all die laughing - and they did a stand up job throughout. Old car due back on 24th August 2019. Their price (inc VAT obviously) is initial payment of £1518.06 + 35 following of £506.02.
2) Leasecar.uk - their sales guy says that if I make the deal asap they will do the above for £500 pcm. So £1500 initial plus 35 at £500. So slightly cheaper and Leasecar.uk have an excellent trustpilot rating.
3)Gateway2lease - at the last minute, after seeing this company mentioned (I think on this forum) I gave them a prod and they came back with: initial payment of £1427.28 and 35 payments of £475.76. The cheapest by a long shot.

All of these quotes are highly competitive but clearly Gateway2lease is the best. However having checked the web for reviews etc.. they definitely seem the worst - especially relating to late delivery - of the 3, and also the negative reviews are by far the most damning. There were a few references online to say that once you accept the quote you are in neck deep and can only get out by paying a £300 cancellation fee. So it's only if you are refused credit or they can't get you the car that you are off the hook. Also, while they have a high rating on feefo, from a little investigation it appears to me that those are not as reliable or as well policed as trustpilot's. In fact the companies that use feefo subscribe and no bad reviews are accepted (allegedly). But the savings are clearly obvious. So, do I go with what I know and stay with Jet, save a few quid and go with a trustpilot recommended company, or cross my fingers and try to save some money?

I'd love to know your thoughts and how you would all decide based on your experiences with any of the 3 lease companies. If I get helpful advice, I'll tell you what car I'm driving now and you can all have a good laugh! Cheers to you all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Let me make it easy for you...

If you want to lease a stock car then Gateway2Lease are great (based on experience)

If you want it to be factory order which this will be then don’t go anywhere near Gateway2Lease (based on experience).

Firstly with a factory order they don’t give an expected build date and no matter how many times you ask they only give you an ETA. They promise to give you updates on 2 weekly basis but unless you chase them they don’t automatically send these. They don’t have a clue what an oasis vehicle report is which I find astonishing.

I ordered my spec and then wanted to add another option before a build week was actually allocated and was told by G2L that the “dealer” had told them I couldn’t make any changes despite me knowing that it was definitely possible.

They make all sorts of excuses and there is absolutely no consistency in what they say... one person can say one thing and another can say something else.

In the end, I put in an official complaint and their complaint handler was just as unhelpful. If I hadn’t waited so long I’d have cancelled it by now... go somewhere else pay the extra you won’t regret it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PM1368,

What you have said about Gateway2lease sounds very similar to what I have read elsewhere. £25 a month is a lot cheaper but the way my quote was shown didn’t give me any confidence that the extras would be communicated to the garage accurately. If something did go wrong then it sounds like a nightmare to put right if it is even possible at all. I think I will go with one of other two companies but would appreciate a few more opinions before making my final decision. I’m eager to order the car but don’t want to rush into a world of regret.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks PM1368,

What you have said about Gateway2lease sounds very similar to what I have read elsewhere. £25 a month is a lot cheaper but the way my quote was shown didn’t give me any confidence that the extras would be communicated to the garage accurately. If something did go wrong then it sounds like a nightmare to put right if it is even possible at all. I think I will go with one of other two companies but would appreciate a few more opinions before making my final decision. I’m eager to order the car but don’t want to rush into a world of regret.

That’s true £25 is a lot cheaper!

One thing I will say though is that the first time my wife got her car from them they were really good and although the interior was the wrong colour they sorted it out quickly. I just don’t have any trust in them in the pre-delivery stage

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks PM1368,

LeaseCar.uk agreed to match Gateway2Lease and waive the vehicle search fee so the order is in! Let's hope these guys are as good as their Trustpilot reviews. Am I right in thinking that you got yourself an A35? If so, what do you think so far and how did you fund it - if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for your thoughts on this, much appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That’s great news - congrats!

I ordered my A35 through Gateway2Lease but still waiting for delivery but hopefully not long (couple of weeks).

I did test drive one though and it’s a very good car. I wrote a long-Ish review on one of the posts here and you can find a lot of info on the car on this forum.

When are you expecting delivery for your car?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not till end of August when my current lease car is due back. A couple of weeks? Exciting countdown for you. I will look out your review on here. There’s not a lot of bad press out there that I have found. I test drove one last week and chose it over the C300 petrol and new Jag XE 2020 because it was a lot more fun to drive and came with a great array of gadgetry which helped tip the balance. Also I wanted a car that performed well without being obvious and I thought the A35 did this perfectly - without the style pack that gives it the racing look, that is. It looks great but isn’t really me. Hopefully the adaptive suspension will make sure the family don’t find it too bumpy, too. Roll on August. Fingers crossed that your car is spot on when delivered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts