Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm planning to go on a long vacation abroad and won't be using the car for ~2 months. Any specific advise (e.g. fuel level to leave at?) on how I should leave the car so that I have the least trouble getting it back on when I come back?

I'll be using a dedicated indoors parking, so weather wear-and-tear is sorted.

·
Registered
255 Posts
2 months will be fine - battery may need a boost when starting again (unless you can leave it on a trickle charger?).

·
Super Moderator
3,670 Posts
I would also inflate the tyres to their maximum recommended pressures as otherwise you could come back to indented tyres.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Also disarm keyless entry (double click clock button on the key) as this uses battery when activated.

Reactions: A220

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
338 Posts
Hey folks, I'm planning to go on a long vacation abroad and won't be using the car for ~2 months. Any specific advise (e.g. fuel level to leave at?) on how I should leave the car so that I have the least trouble getting it back on when I come back?

I'll be using a dedicated indoors parking, so weather wear-and-tear is sorted.
I gave my old A220 back about 2 and a half months again but I still got it connected to my Mercedes Me. They haven’t used the car at all in that time but the battery has been on critically low for about a month a half but it hasn’t died yet. So in terms of battery it should be fine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I gave my old A220 back about 2 and a half months again but I still got it connected to my Mercedes Me. They haven’t used the car at all in that time but the battery has been on critically low for about a month a half but it hasn’t died yet. So in terms of battery it should be fine.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: what a unique insight to have. Brilliant!!

Reactions: A220

·
Registered
A200 Premium Plus
25 Posts
I'd be tempted to stand across from the show room and when they're showing the car to someone, start playing silly buggers and triggering things.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Useful to know, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts