Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 2016 A200D just over a month ago. Only noticed the other night walking towards the car that the LED lights change from amber to blue before turning white when the vehicle is unlocked. Is this down to the ambient light control?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
No, this is down to the blue LED lights fitted in the DRLs.

(and no, it isn't the white LED's "warming up")
There are 3 separate coloured banks in the DRL, White, Amber, Blue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Veeight. I gathered it wasn't the lights warming up. It was the fact the ambient interior lighting is blue and I just wondered if it was associated with that. Now I know. Thanks!

·
Registered
737 Posts
So this only works if the Ambient interior lighting is set to blue ?.

Will have to go out and try it tonight. I have my interior lighting set to Red at the moment.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
paul_t said:
So this only works if the Ambient interior lighting is set to blue ?.

Will have to go out and try it tonight. I have my interior lighting set to Red at the moment.
Doesn't matter what colour you have it set to inside the car. They only go blue when you have lights set to auto and its dark. Took me a while to realise I even had this feature as it was light evenings and i have keyless so always at the side of the car so never seen headlights.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Mine is keyless also, so never use the Fob.
My lights are on Auto, and highbeam assist is aways set to on as well.

OK i will take more notice and see if mine does it also.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
it was dark and overcast enough yesterday for main lights to come on automatically, maybe that's why. got my doubts they will come on blue in sunlight

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seem like this blue light works for my a-class no matter light or night time before, but then I drop my key fob recently and seem like the blue light doesn't come up anymore. I don't have chance to test it in very dark environment yet. Any idea?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I played with the system settings such as the ambient lighting etc etc and now it works but the car doesn’t beep horn when I lock it anymore so I’ve changed one of the settings lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I played with the system settings such as the ambient lighting etc etc and now it works but the car doesn’t beep horn when I lock it anymore so I’ve changed one of the settings lol
I recently changed the option in "dynamic select", changed the "eco start no/off" from off to on. It doesn't seem like it would related to the turn on blue light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
May be because I have not used the car for enough time in last few weeks then the battery has not charged enough then it automatically turns off the blue light greeting function?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts