Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question fro those lucky people who have their cars already, the lightingthat'sin the headrests, door handles etc, is this on all the time, just at night or is there a button that switches it on

Cheers

·
Registered
626 Posts
Its only on when you open the doors. I think its only the door handles that stay lit while you drive but I haven't played around with it much. You can change the light level on the main menu - need to have a play.

I do like the 'surround' lighting feature - when you park or arrive at the car in the dark the DRL's and rear lights come on when you press the remote to unlock and also there are lights on the underside of the door mirrors that light the ground on either side of the car - cool!Edited by: mon2s

·
Registered
377 Posts
hi .. ambient lighting stays on when you are driving.. what's lit is dependant on whether night or day (but obviously harder to see in daylight).

At night in addition to the footwells and head rests & armrests the door handles and centre armrest light up with the dash when the main lights are on.. at least in mine they do & have the DRL on plus lights set to auto

·
Registered
626 Posts
OK Millsy - put the tissues away - I just sat in the car with the engine running;
Ambient lighting stays on in the following - Headrests (front and rear), door handles and grab handles. I adjusted the level upto 5. My footwells weren't lit though - they do light up when you open the door - maybe something isn't switched on. Shame the interior lights aren't LED but the effect is still very nice.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi both, the main footwell lights do come on when you open the door as do the roof interior lights which then dim when you start the ignition or fade in time (which is adjustable).. there are also other ambient footwell lights that stay on after these main interior lights have dimmed but these are much less bright and harder to notice I guess..

I think the ambient lights are actually low powered LED's as the light source is too tiny to change a bulb by the look of it..

at least they do on mine anyway.. try using a pair of shiny shoes just above & to the left of the brake pedal...

(can't believe I'm actually posting this... are we sad or what?)

Edited by: kevybabes

·
Registered
626 Posts
LOL kevybabes!
Its too cold for me to go out in my shiny shoes
but I'll have a look tomorrow as I'm intrigued.

I must admit the original question of this thread from millsyhas taught me more about my car - I was chuffed to see the ambient lighting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Reading these posts I think that learning to get into the settings system is a definite "must do"....there are so many variables/personal preference adjustments.....(another sad 'nearly' owner) I have tried to be ahead of the game to a certain extent by reading the online manual in advance.......I think my family have disowned me now !

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi JRH I've gone through my family the same. I daren't mention it too much now as they all think I'm pretty sad! That's all bar my son who is expecting to buy mine in 3 years!!!hes the reason why I got black wheels and windows on a cirrus white A200 AMG Sport!

Great to hear about the ambient lights though as I knew very little apart from reading that my car will have some

·
Registered
626 Posts
Janine said:
My Favourites are the lights in the door sills,  Looks really good when you open the door in the dark.
They are definitely an eye catcher and get more comments than anything else - very bling !!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Big fan of these too!

Edited by: SJM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is the ambient lighting included as standard, or is that a separate light andsight package?

I love that "Mercedes Benz" lights up on the door sil when you open the door, but i haven't noticed internalambient lighting.

I really do need to spend this evening sat with the manual...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Merc'd said:
Is the ambient lighting included as standard, or is that a separate light andsight package?

I love that "Mercedes Benz" lights up on the door sil when you open the door, but i haven't noticed internalambient lighting.

I really do need to spend this evening sat with the manual...

Which model have you got mate

·
Registered
39 Posts
Light and Sight is the extra ambient lighting, it's standard from Sport upward

Light & Sight Package:</span>
- Illuminated door sills</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; ">- Illuminated storage compartment in the central console</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; ">- Illuminated vanity mirrors for driver and front passenger</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; ">- Rain-sensing wipers</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; ">- Reading lights and console light in rear roof lining</span><div style="text-align: left;">
</span>
<div style="text-align: left;">
</span>
<div style="text-align: left;">Confusingly the Intelligent Light System is the stuff with the headlights</span>

Edited by: SJM

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see you have the heated screen, what pack is that in ?

Having read the manual on the iphone app I came across the Aux Heating system which looks amazing, wish I'd gone for it now

1 - 20 of 36 Posts