Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daughter test drove the new A class on Saturday (02/06) & placed an order sept delivery.
She told me very limited choices, only 4 colour options white/black/red & what she describes as a charcoal grey. Told no manual gearbox now, all DCT.
3 variants basic/sport & AMG. Again very limited options but went for reversing camera & sat nav.
I advised, look at roof lining option (on my 63 plate black headlining was standard) but there was a ""˜no cost option' of white (or cream) headlining which I chose as I hated the black as I felt it made the car dark inside.
Having advised to look at the A class I was disappointed to her about these limited choices. Is this accurate or sales bull****. Comments welcome.

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is all accurate unfortunately. It maybe a production/supply issue hence the lack of options available (in the UK anyway).

From 2019 onwards, you can expect more engine options and visual options such as Night Pack. I'm waiting for the 200d with Night Pack, but the 200d won't be around until next year. I did however run a 200 petrol AMG Line on Sunday for the afternoon. I was really impressed. The 200 petrol is only a 1.3 4cyl, but it is surprisingly punchy and works really with the auto box. If my mileage wasn't so high, this is the engine I would opt for. Also, ride is much improved and the new interior makes the current A Class feel dated, which is saying something! She won't be disappointed despite lack of options.

Edited by: Scoobydoo11j

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scoobydoo11j
Thanks for the info, really appreciated. She has also opted for the 1.3, seems a good power unit. Glad the ride has improved cos that was one of my main concerns as the A class was heavily criticised by the press when the model was launched.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Charlie Boy. I am looking to change my car soon and have decided on a 3rd New A class. I couldn't believe the lack of available colours and like you, I went for the light headlining on the other cars but cannot find the option on the 2019 car.
I have a south seas blue at the moment and before that mountain grey. If the car is going to be dark inside due to a black headlining a light colour car might help.
At this rate I might have to wait till the new year before ordering, hoping the spec wil be upped by then.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find it incredible that a car manufacturer releases a new model & yet has a minimum number of colours, manual gearbox not available & only a fraction of the options normally offered on the current model.
What are MB playing at. Stupid & ridiculous doesn't even begin to explain it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts