Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, had the above car now for 3 months and love it. I have had however the limo mode come on lately under hard acceleration and it just comes on, dash has esp etc off also. Pull over and stop start and it’s gone until the next hard acceleration (1 in 4 it happens).
Very dangerous on the highway as you lose speed and have to pull over and hope it goes again, so much so that I stopped driving hard.

have just replaced the battery and now it has not done it for 8 hard accelerations, in the app it now say battery charged as opposed to “partially”.
Would this have fixed it in anyones experience? I don’t trust it fully yet but it seems to have done the trick.
No engine lights either ever came on except when I did a lot of stop start trips but after a long one it went away again.

Any help appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If the battery was "defective" it must have been a potential cause of the acceleration problem where everything else on the car worked. My previous A45 when I sold it was over 6 years old and occasionally putting my foot down didn't result in the acceleration I expected and I knew the battery on that was on the way out as it would take forever for the start/stop to activate in winter.

Reactions: AusScotty77

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If the battery was "defective" it must have been a potential cause of the acceleration problem where everything else on the car worked. My previous A45 when I sold it was over 6 years old and occasionally putting my foot down didn't result in the acceleration I expected and I knew the battery on that was on the way out as it would take forever for the start/stop to activate in winter.
Thanks for the previous reply but it was not the battery it seems. Doing the loss of power and hunting at idle again not to mention other warnings and having to stop completely in the side of the road for a restart. Going into the dealership on Friday so hopefully they find something.
Speedometer Vehicle Car Trip computer Tachometer

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
Good luck let us know what the outcome is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the previous reply but it was not the battery it seems. Doing the loss of power and hunting at idle again not to mention other warnings and having to stop completely in the side of the road for a restart. Going into the dealership on Friday so hopefully they find something. View attachment 8905
G’day from Canberra!
Very similar happened to me last weekend - I did a couple of hard runs while driving on a 80 highway then onto a 60 street then back onto 80 highway again, then when I left the highway and stopped at a light, the lane keeping assist inoperative popped up, it was then green light so I tried to accelerate then felt the power loss. I remember seeing a few other error messages too but couldn’t recall what they were.
I stopped and restarted, no error message and the car felt fine but check engine light on. Home was only 200 meters away so I drove home. Restarted the engine a few times , everything felt fine but the check engine light was on.
Went home and called the dealership, was able to book in an appointment straightaway but then when I went back to the car the check engine light was off. Felt bad for taking up a service spot at the only Merc dealership in Canberra when they are so many cars waiting to be repaired, or serviced after a 10 week lockdown so I called and rescheduled the appointment to the 2nd of Nov. Would be interested to know what the dealership tells you and I will share what they can find with my car after my service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
G’day from Canberra!
Very similar happened to me last weekend - I did a couple of hard runs while driving on a 80 highway then onto a 60 street then back onto 80 highway again, then when I left the highway and stopped at a light, the lane keeping assist inoperative popped up, it was then green light so I tried to accelerate then felt the power loss. I remember seeing a few other error messages too but couldn’t recall what they were.
I stopped and restarted, no error message and the car felt fine but check engine light on. Home was only 200 meters away so I drove home. Restarted the engine a few times , everything felt fine but the check engine light was on.
Went home and called the dealership, was able to book in an appointment straightaway but then when I went back to the car the check engine light was off. Felt bad for taking up a service spot at the only Merc dealership in Canberra when they are so many cars waiting to be repaired, or serviced after a 10 week lockdown so I called and rescheduled the appointment to the 2nd of Nov. Would be interested to know what the dealership tells you and I will share what they can find with my car after my service.
I had the exact same thing! I had a load of pop ups on my screen which was on about lane assist and other stuff but I just clicked ok on them all because I didn’t have time to read them as I had cars behind me so was panicking when I lost power 😂

a simple restart resolved the issue but still interested in the reasoning behind this

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the exact same thing! I had a load of pop ups on my screen which was on about lane assist and other stuff but I just clicked ok on them all because I didn’t have time to read them as I had cars behind me so was panicking when I lost power 😂

a simple restart resolved the issue but still interested in the reasoning behind this
Will let you know once I have been to the dealership! If they can find out what caused it 😬

·
Registered
22 Posts
Font Number Document Paper Rectangle

Just got home from the dealership, the car was left there for a few hours.

Almost as expected, no exact cause of the issue can be identified, allegedly an "MBUX update" was carried but not reflected in the Mercedes Me app.

Job# 1 is interesting, wonder what the "Campaign Bulletin" it's referring to.

The service manager can't provide any info beyond what's on the paper.

Of note, an A35 was at the dealership for exact the same issue and received the same fix.

I guess "Customer to Monitor" is the best I can get out of them :LOL:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the previous reply but it was not the battery it seems. Doing the loss of power and hunting at idle again not to mention other warnings and having to stop completely in the side of the road for a restart. Going into the dealership on Friday so hopefully they find something. View attachment 8905
Melbourne, Aus here. I've just had the exact same error. I was driving 20 down my street and all of a sudden that error came up and the car went into limp mode.

Waiting on a tow truck to take it to the dealership. Interested to see if I get the same answer.

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
Melbourne, Aus here. I've just had the exact same error. I was driving 20 down my street and all of a sudden that error came up and the car went into limp mode.

Waiting on a tow truck to take it to the dealership. Interested to see if I get the same answer.
Can I ask when was your last service. I wonder if MB are dealing with this issue as and when a car is in for routine service.

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
Car is 5 months old with just on 3,000km.
Thanks. As I was thinking. It might be a service fix but one which is no good for some MB drivers.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Got the car back from the dealer. They informed me when the car was dropped off there was no engine light and the car was running fine. Their scanner picked up no faults either. Said there was a software update on the engine and transmission which they performed and think may have resolved the issue however want me to keep an eye on it.

He did tell me of a CLA45 that had the same issue over Christmas, they also did a software update on it hasn't been back since.

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
Good luck that this has fixed it but please do report back if it hasn't.

Reactions: Scorpion5

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time I've turned the car on since I picked it up from the dealer, heads-up display is inoperative, needs to go back to the dealer.

Turned the car off and on numerous times, same for the HUD, same error every time.

Think it's time I sell it, I don't have the time to be constantly going back and forth to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
First time I've turned the car on since I picked it up from the dealer, heads-up display is inoperative, needs to go back to the dealer.

Turned the car off and on numerous times, same for the HUD, same error every time.

Think it's time I sell it, I don't have the time to be constantly going back and forth to the dealer.
Do you have the option of trying a different dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I previously had a underboost hidden error code but the check light never came on until I scanned it with my OBD reader.

And before I cleared it, the car was in limp mode and you can immediately experience the power loss.
Hi Chang,

I have the same underboost error code (p029909) and car went into limp mode with CEL on. Pops and bangs were immediately gone as well once the code was registered. How did you manage to resolve this issue and any parts replaced?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts

I have the same issue. I saw Head-up display inoperative message a few times since last year. Every time I have to turn the car off and make sure to lock it, then wait for around 10 - 20 minutes and the magic happens.
I visited the dealer last month. They did software update for me but I still have the same issue from time to time. They told me I will need to book a full day for them to check the wiring which I didn't bother to do... The issue only happened 4-5 times since July last year....

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA45 S
122 Posts
Hi Chang,

I have the same underboost error code (p029909) and car went into limp mode with CEL on. Pops and bangs were immediately gone as well once the code was registered. How did you manage to resolve this issue and any parts replaced?

Thanks
Hi there,

Sorry for the late response! My underboost code was due to my ECU remap in the very early days and my tuner solved it by giving me a revised calibration after I sent over the logs.

Is your car running on stock map or aftermarket tune?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts