Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, a little help, i have recently saw that i didn't have the service Live traffic information.
In my car order i see the code 367 which is pre-installed Live traffic information. I Also have hard drive navigation. I have bought all the services by the MB store but Live Traffic is nowhere to be found. I have a correspondence with the MB HQ and they say to me things that doesn't make sense.
The first email says:

We would like to relay that you can access Mercedes Me Live Traffic service free of charge by acquiring Command On Line equipment for a duration of 3 years.
Please be aware that this service will have to be activated in Mercedes Me Portal .
Activation steps as followed :
My vehicles> Vehicle creation> following completion stages up to activation.
Should you anticipate any issues your MBH Repairer will be more than happy to assist you.
In the Mercedes Me Portal vehicle page you will then be able to activate/ deactivate Live Traffic Information at any given time through ‘’ Service Management’’.
What do they mean to have the command on line equipment? i have all the necessary factory codes except you all have some code i don't know.
I again told them that i have already done those steps and answered me with a bigger riddle:
After processing your request we would like to relay your vehicle only has Hard Disc navigation, so unfortunately Live Traffic service is not applicable in your case.
Wtf? Any ideas? I upload the services to see that it should be included in the hard drive navigation

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do you have the MercedesMe app working on a smartphone?
Has it been fully activated by the dealer and assigned to your car?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Live traffic is standard in the UK at no extra charge, I believe for three years. It doesn’t need the Me app to function. But it may be different in Greece.

The Command system is the name for the navigation/entertainment system in the old a-class I believe, so not sure why they are referring to that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah of course i have the mercedes me activated from day 1. My friend here in greece has the live traffic information and we both have the code 367 of live traffic.

The command system yes i have both the 10,25 screens and augment navigation also.
The new thing i found is when i find the link of mercedes store of live traffic and then log in , it says that i have not the proper equipment in order to buy this service?

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
119 Posts
Did you get to the bottom of this? I have a similar issue and a similar 'helpful' email from Mercedes...

-Do you have Life Trafik Info text visible in the corner of the screen?
-Do you see the difference in road markings when you have chosen a route from A to B and when you are driving without a destination?
-Are you using a dynamic route or some other route?
When route guidance is active, the symbols for traffic incidents will be shown in colour on the route. Off the route they are grey.
Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz

Does anyone have photos or video of how the nav screen should look to indicate traffic is active? I've never seen red/orange markings on my map.

·
Super Moderator
3,331 Posts
I have the words “Live Traffic” in the top right corner of the central display, like the image below.

I can see red,yellow, green roads, both if I have entered a destination, and not entered a destination. But once a destination is entered, there is more granular traffic info displayed.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
119 Posts
I have live traffic on the screen I'm pretty sure, but I've never seen the green traffic speed markings on the map like the right there. It's cold and dark now, but I'll go out in the morning and take some pics.

·
Super Moderator
3,331 Posts
So TMC (Traffic Message Channel) is the alternative method of receiving Live Traffic, this is via the Classic FM subcarrier in the UK. I think this will re-route you according to reported incidents, but won't colour in the roads (need to check that).

If your Tom Tom Live Traffic subscription runs out after the first 3 years of having the car, it will fall back to TMC, or if you are in an area where the car's connection to the internet isn't working (eg depth of Wales or Scotland) - it will use TMC.

So - either your 3 years from first registration of Tom Tom Live traffic subscription has run out, or M-B Me haven't transferred the subscription licence for the Tom Tom Live Traffic subsrciption over to your Me and/or car. Or your car hasn’t got a valid connection to the Me servers.

Either way - you've got to call the Me team (use the button in the car, or phone them).
Or get your M-B dealer to sort it out for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem. After a lot of ingestion and software updates the final fix recommend by Mercedes was to have the Communication software updated. Has been OK since.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
119 Posts
Star team got back to me and said "the internet-communication module is not communicating properly, although, it should be resolved by a full reset performed by an authorized Mercedes-Benz workshop."

So yet another trip to the dealer...

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
119 Posts
So more to the ongoing saga.

The garage tell me that since January 2020 I need to have an 'internet in the car' (ITC) tariff active in order for the live traffic to be active.

That sounds crazy - surely I don't have to pay for a service I don't want in order for the sat nav to work properly?

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
I don’t have internet in car and my live traffic works fine 👍

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
119 Posts
As one would expect.

Did you buy the car new from a mercedes dealer? There was some mumbling from the garage that because I bought it second hand from an independent this service was wiped from the car

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
It was new from main dealer. With an AMG we get all the MM app features free for 3 years. Except the internet in car, that was a free 1 month trial.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
119 Posts
Hi - Yes, I have the live traffic subscription which is why it's infuriating it isn't working, and the garage says it's because I don't pay for ITC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts