Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
It all depends who the traffic data provider is in your country, and the quality/speed at which they publish the data!

(In the UK it is INRIX).

·
Registered
237 Posts
I find the traffic information in the UK is pretty reliable, and even covers isolated jams such as those that stem from temp traffic lights. I guess though that this data is only fed into the live traffic system when other users have been stuck in the traffic

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
Yep, we are quite fortunate in the UK, INRIX use fixed static roadside/overhead cameras, plus crowd sourced, floating car data and combine it with historical data and predictions to come up with a pretty comprehensive picture.

Incidently, one part of the Car to X communications that has supposedly gone live, is the Traffic Incident Reporting. You should be able to report a traffic incident directly from the MBUX screen!

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
69 Posts
Am I missing something here? It says I have a traffic subscription until 2022 and all the bits like free flowing traffic and delay are on.

But I don't see red/amber/green markings on the nav. Should I?

How does it display traffic? Does it only show if I've input a destination?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Am I missing something here? It says I have a traffic subscription until 2022 and all the bits like free flowing traffic and delay are on.

But I don't see red/amber/green markings on the nav. Should I?

How does it display traffic? Does it only show if I've input a destination?
I've only found it works when I have set a destination. I guess that's reasonable otherwise the system doesn't know if you are about to turn off anyway.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
69 Posts
I'd set a destination for one journey in 20. Why doesn't it just show the traffic for the road you're on?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Others might know why or how to tweak it so it does but I rarely use the satnav and it's only when I do that I see that screen all the information on the screen and on audio.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am working from memory here so I might miss a step or use the wrong term.
Traffic has a setting in the route menu but it also has several settings in the Nav settings menu.
I think its Nav, settings, advanced, map elements, scroll down to Traffic.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes you should be able to set the traffic as one of the map elements so it shows green, amber, red all the time. I personally think it's pretty accurate and tend to have the map showing all the time.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
69 Posts
I've tried all these things and everything looks to be switched on.

Someone at the garage mumbled something about having to have the mercedes me app to make it work. I can't do that yet as the dealer hasn't taken the old owner off the car. But do you seriously need a smartphone app in order for the satnav to work properly? What about all the pensioners in Mercs that don't have a smartphone?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think you need to have your account set up and linked to the car for it to work

1 - 13 of 13 Posts