Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my deposit down on the 29th of June, just had a call from Mercedes to tell me my delvery date is the 28th January!

That's over 30 weeks, it's not a Ferrari FFS.

I've bought mine from Aberdeen Mercedes, which is the biggest dealer in Scotland, but i guess that makes no difference.

Would be interested to know if anyone has put a deposit down after me and getting their car this year.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Bud im not even surprised, AUZ's waiting list now sits at March 2014 , in SA we are now officially 1 year 52 weeks after order placement9unless there are cancellations) and we are one of the highest AMG priority list countries in the world. There is just a handfull of people lucky enough to have placed their order early enough to secure one this year.

While its not a Ferrari , it only has one place where the M133 AMG engine is being produced , and the factory needs to now also cater for the soon to be released CLA 45 AMG.

Not only is it the most efficient hand built engine factory in the world , it is also the most demanding, these engineers have to each complete 4 engines in one day each, i'd love to see other engineers try and build 4 engines in a 9 hour shift.

The demand for the Baby AMG engine have overwhelmed even the biggest and best case scenario expectations.

I know your ticked off, but that's unfortunately the downside to wanting something this special.

I have waited from August 2011 for this car where many have only now woken up and smelled the coffee, trust me the waiting is terrible on our side too, but like most things in life, the good things will come to those who wait and their really aren't any shortcuts to any place that is worth going to.

You will not be disappointed, trust me its a monster

Edited by: White Mercury

·
Registered
70 Posts
Put my deposit down in early March, confirmed spec in first week of June, taking delivery on Thursday. I ordered from MB in Glasgow.

Have you ordered pano roof? Think there is a shortage of these so long lead times for orders that spec this. Edited by: Ikepod

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put my deposit down and was told the car is 'in group' great wont wait too long, a week goes by and no one knows where the car is, turns out its in frankfurt, so a lot of shouting and 36 hours later I drive away in a higher spec'd vehicle than I wanted, more money but I wouldn't wait and Stratstone has plenty, so threaten them with that!

·
Registered
581 Posts
That's pretty much how long I would have waited I ordered mine a few weeks before you Guffy but I got lucky with getting to use a cancelled build slot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was quoted a long time too when I first enquired (I was quoted October when I first asked in April) so I went down the ex-demo route instead.

Cheers

Rog

·
Registered
96 Posts
I waited five & a half months for mine. Think it's a ploy to make them appear more exclusive. Can't see how any manufacturer can justify a wait of more than 6 weeks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Guffy said:
Would be interested to know if anyone has put a deposit down after me and getting their car this year.

Guilty unfortunately Guffy.I put my deposit down just a couple of weeks ago and have scooped up a build slot in 2nd week October.</span>

</span>
Sorry! Perhaps you could seek an alternative dealer further south or just over the border? I appreciate that may well be logistically impossible!</span>

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
512uk said:
Guffy said:

Guilty unfortunately Guffy.I put my deposit down just a couple of weeks ago and have scooped up a build slot in 2nd week October.</span>

</span>
Sorry! Perhaps you could seek an alternative dealer further south or just over the border? I appreciate that may well be logistically impossible!</span>
Thanks, did you order a pano roof?

Which dealer was this?

·
Registered
727 Posts
html,body{border:0px;margin:1px;background-image:none;}
td {border:1px dotted #CCCCCC;}

i ordered around the same time and my build date is 13th sept with delivery scheduled for late october from mercedes leeds. im pulling my hair out having to wait so long, dark nights and winter looming but after reading some reports of deliveries past febuary im beginning to feel lucky but i will be bald when i get it lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
Guffy said:
I put my deposit down on the 29th of June, just had a call from Mercedes to tell me my delvery date is the 28th January!

That's over 30 weeks, it's not a Ferrari FFS.

I've bought mine from Aberdeen Mercedes, which is the biggest dealer in Scotland, but i guess that makes no difference.

you lucky, I put my money down on june 24 and delivery is march 20. You right, this is not an fn Ferrari.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Woody sure u not mid October build .?? I'm due end of October from Leeds and my build date is 17 th October .?? My last date to change spec is 19 th Sept What spec u gone for.??

·
Registered
415 Posts
Guffy said:
512uk said:
Guffy said:

</span>
Thanks, did you order a pano roof?

Which dealer was this?
]

Sorry for late response. No, no panoramic roof. And dealer is Cardiff.

Cheers

·
Registered
581 Posts
I know this is about long delays but fortunately for me I got a call today from my salesman that my A45 should now come on the 10th of Sept. 17 days earlier than originally planned.

·
Registered
61 Posts
you guys are complaining about getting something later this year? In Namibia il have to wait till next year August. talk about patience

1 - 20 of 40 Posts