Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been lurking for a while reading up on the new A Class and I'm looking for a used one. Based on my current Honda Civic I've put together a list of things I'd like on my A Class so thought I'd post and see what owners think, here goes:

5 Door
Diesel (60+MPG)
</span>Metallic paint - dark colour or blue preferred (not white)</span>Remote central lockingAlloy wheelsCruise control
</span>Auto lights
</span>Auto wipers</span>
DAB or ability to addDAB after market at reasonable cost
USB or iPod Connection - album artwork on screen
</span>Steering wheel controls for audio
</span>Built-in SatNav
</span>Bluetooth</span>
AirCon/Climate Control</span>
Electric folding mirrors
Heated mirrors
</span>Electric front & rear windows</span>
Parking sensors</span>
Front fog lights</span>
<b style="line-height: 1.4;">Nice to have
[/b]Leather
</span>Heated seats
Panoramic roof</span>
I'm not sure what is standard and what are options and if so what packs they are bundled in or if all the above list are actually available.</span>Really appreciate it some could go through the list and say if things are standard or options.Thanks</span>

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thats quite an options list you have there... You're best bet is to see if you can get hold of a dealer ex-demo as I doubt there are a huge number of cars with that exact spec. You might also struggle with the fog lights in this country since the AMG spec cars don't tend to have them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have a look at the MB A-Clasd car configuration site, that way you see what's on your list as standard and extra. May not quite get all you after S/H as 70% new cars come without extras, as they sold /leased to businesses etc

·
Registered
629 Posts
Set your budget, search Autotrader and see how much of your spec you will get on an ex-demo as that is pretty much your only option with such a newly launched car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies, appreciate it.

Why do all the motor journos give the A Class such a hard time? According them I should by an Audi A3 Sportback, but the exterior styling is so dull!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You just need to read the 'right' reviews!!

The A is very positively regarded in the Aus media. Por exemplo...

Link 1

Link 2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went into my local Mercedes dealer today to have a look around, they had 2 on display, I have to say they both looked amazing.

Dealer was telling me new cars ordered now will be delivered around September so used prices are high and he coud sell used ones all day long at almost new cost due to demand. Not sure if that salesman BS or true, I actually thinking its true.

Also while I was in the dealership I had a sit in a SLS AMG Roadster with optional £9k worth of carbon fibre cabin trim
- Was beautiful

·
Registered
20 Posts
matg said:
Hello all,

I've been lurking for a while reading up on the new A Class and I'm looking for a used one. Based on my current Honda Civic I've put together a list of things I'd like on my A Class so thought I'd post and see what owners think, here goes:

5 Door
Diesel (60+MPG)
</span>Metallic paint - dark colour or blue preferred (not white)</span>Remote central lockingAlloy wheelsCruise control
</span>Auto lights
</span>Auto wipers</span>
DAB or ability to addDAB after market at reasonable cost
USB or iPod Connection - album artwork on screen
</span>Steering wheel controls for audio
</span>Built-in SatNav
</span>Bluetooth</span>
AirCon/Climate Control</span>
Electric folding mirrors
Heated mirrors
</span>Electric front & rear windows</span>
Parking sensors</span>
Front fog lights</span>
<b style="line-height: 1.4;">Nice to have
[/b]Leather
</span>Heated seats
Panoramic roof</span>
I'm not sure what is standard and what are options and if so what packs they are bundled in or if all the above list are actually available.</span>Really appreciate it some could go through the list and say if things are standard or options.Thanks</span>

Looking for similar specs like you but I want 'comfortable' ride. What trim should I go for- SE beefed up or do Sport comes with softer suspension?

·
Registered
147 Posts
The UK Sport model comes with comfort suspension. AMG Sport has lowered suspension as standard.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nope, all have comfort suspension as standard except for AMG Sport and Engineered.

·
Registered
377 Posts
well I'm thinking of selling my A250 engineered by AMG if you're interested.. can't help with the 60mpg though ..

Mountain Grey Metallic
Pano Roof
Mirror Pack
Leather AMG Exclusive pack with heated front seats
Storage pack
Light & sight (auto lights & windscreen wipers)
internal ambient lighting
Media Interface (ipod connection with full artwork)
Drive kit Plus full iphone integration
Bluetooth
Harman Kardon upgraded audio with 500w amp & 11 speaker system
6 disc CD Changer
Becker Map Pilot integrated Sat Nav.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
seonewman said:
Hello.

My name is David and I run the digital Marketing for Mercedes-Benz Hertfordshire.

If looking for a used A-Class or used "new" A-Class then please follow the link:http://www.landlautomotive.co.uk/mercedes-benz/used-mercedes-benz/a-class/

If looking for a New A-Class please follow:http://www.landlautomotive.co.uk/mercedes-benz/new-cars/new-a-class/

If looking for a New A45 AMG please follow:http://www.landlautomotive.co.uk/amg/new-cars/a-class-amg/

I hope this helps.

David.

David,
When the timing belt on A180 CDI needs to be changed?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I choice sport over sE because......... I wanted cruise (and something else that i cant remember now!) which is standard on sport so the difference was fairly minimal to adding them on the sE and when it comes to getting rid of it the sport will book slightly high than the sE due to more standard spec even if you don't want it.
Also the sport for a little more and better wheel, exhaust and grill over the sE

·
Registered
629 Posts
solarpower03 said:
I see most people (in the UK) opting for SE. Very few with  Sport model. I would be keen to know their thoughts re selection. 
Really? I thought the opposite - most are going for AMG Sport & a lot for Sport with very few SE trim cars being ordered. There certainly aren't many on this forum

·
Registered
205 Posts
matg said:
Well Sport usually means stiffened suspension.
Sport has comfort suspension. I've got a Sport with 18" run flats and even with them, its a smooth ride, no issues at all.

Sport comes as standard with 17" conventional tyres so that would probably be as smooth as you like.

·
Registered
205 Posts
solarpower03 said:
I see most people (in the UK) opting for SE. Very few with  Sport model. I would be keen to know their thoughts re selection. 
I've only seen 1 SE on the road, 2 AMG Sports and at least 3 Sports (mine included).

I went for Sport because I like the styling, wanted something more than the basic SE and didn't want to go too hot hatch with the AMG.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts