Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to the site and I am looking to get the new a class but wanted to know a few things like:

What is the rough delivery time? Any options I should go for?

I am currently looking at the A220 CDI AMG Sport in white but little lost after that. But was also thinking about the CLA

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've not got mine yet but there are plenty here who will convince you there is nowhere else to look. If you have thought about getting one, you will be gutted if you don't and you see one at the lights.....

Average wait is about 5 months I think some longer some shorter. Mine is about 5.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks blackie. I hear what your saying but just totally undecided. I'm coming from a Audi A3 s line and heard mixed reviews on the A Class. What did you go for?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the look of the AMG sports version. The only extras I got on
mine were the night pack which adds the lovely alloy wheels and the
LED/Bi-xenon lights and the mountain grey paint. Now that I have it if
ordering again I might consider getting the luxury climate control as the manual one seems to require adjusting quite a bit (but that might just be while I'm getting used to it).

For me the wait was 2 1/2 months so not too bad considering some times that people are being quoted.

As for the reviews they seem to be obsessed with a harsh ride. Now the roads round here are not great but I find the car to be more confortable than the Focus I had before. My boss was passenger the other day and she commented about the smooth ride so it's not as bad as you'd think.

Also, if it helps, here is a pic of mine next to my neighbours A3 S-line Convertible

·
Registered
629 Posts
The Merc is a far more 'designed' car than the generic Audi look. A3 is too anonymous IMO.

Wait time on the A220 should not be too long - mine was two months. It is the smaller engine models that have the long wait times.

Go for it - you won't regret it (unless you are sitting next to one at the traffic lights in your A3 in a few months!!)

Minimum must haves on the A220 - Night pack & pano roof.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unless its been sold Hunter Star motors in Bennetts green nsw have a silver A250 coming in July unsold.

·
Registered
352 Posts
defo go for AMG and look at mirror as well as night package - a lot rate the pano roof but that's not for me - this is mine below - bit of a head turner at present as not too many on the road - that's why I didn't look at A3 or Beemer 1 - too common ?

Only done 650 miles so far but loving it

Edited by: TerryA213

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked my engineered up today. South seas blue. I bought the showroom car so had no choice on options, but I too would go for the climate. Last 3 cars have had climate and its much better to control than standard AC.
I've got amg exlusive pack, upgrade stereo, mirror pack and parktronic.
Got to say that the car is fantastic and I love it ( especially in sport mode! )
Go and look at it in the showroom. It looks so much better in the flesh. Photos dont do it justice imo.
Go for it, you wont regret it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts