Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yeah, I’ve been getting them too. When it gets too low you get “critical level” notifications in the app and via txt / email depending on how MM is set up :smile:

Like you only doing short trips and dashcam not helping either

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My post should’ve said stop/start Wasn’t working, used to be the only way you could tell if your battery’s low, now we have an App

·
Registered
215 Posts
You should drive at least half an hour straight, preferably in CONFORT and make the car as long as possible with the green bar - CHARGE.
Pick some downhill road ... speed up and take your foot off! Must solve!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Same here, eco mode and coast down the hills means "Starter battery partly charged".
Even refused to open the windows and roof from portal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same issue, then eventually I was getting a battery critical message every two days. The car sits for two weeks when I am at work. Had to get the wife to turn it over every two days to charge it again. I booked it into Mercedes and they said the battery had a fault and replaced it under warranty. Been fine since then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the same issue, then eventually I was getting a battery critical message every two days. The car sits for two weeks when I am at work. Had to get the wife to turn it over every two days to charge it again. I booked it into Mercedes and they said the battery had a fault and replaced it under warranty. Been fine since then

after your replace to a new battery, and park your car for 2 weeks, no issue?

·
Registered
373 Posts
As a recent convert to the start/stop system (I initially hated it on all cars) I often wonder if that would affect the starter battery, ie.a battery only has a finite number of charge/discharge cycles & the start/stop system makes heavier use of the starter battery.

I wonder if the people with battery issues on this thread make regular use of the start/stop system. It would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
110 Posts
As a recent convert to the start/stop system (I initially hated it on all cars) I often wonder if that would affect the starter battery, ie.a battery only has a finite number of charge/discharge cycles & the start/stop system makes heavier use of the starter battery.

I wonder if the people with battery issues on this thread make regular use of the start/stop system. It would be interesting to know.
in my A250, i have turned OFF that on and off every time i drive the car. but if i park for 5 days, i will get "Starter battery partly charged". if this message appears only 1-2 days, i will consider it's not normal, but it happen only i park over 5 days. i don't know, should i book a check?

·
Registered
373 Posts
in my A250, i have turned OFF that on and off every time i drive the car. but if i park for 5 days, i will get "Starter battery partly charged". if this message appears only 1-2 days, i will consider it's not normal, but it happen only i park over 5 days. i don't know, should i book a check?
I just wondered if there was a correlation. Perhaps not.
After recently discovering that I no longer hate the start/stop function I'd be unimpressed if I discovered it was killing my battery.
I still switch it off for maneuvering & for enthusiastic driving.

Your battery should last more than 5 days though. I once had mine parked up for over a week with no battery issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just wondered if there was a correlation. Perhaps not.
After recently discovering that I no longer hate the start/stop function I'd be unimpressed if I discovered it was killing my battery.
I still switch it off for maneuvering & for enthusiastic driving.

Your battery should last more than 5 days though. I once had mine parked up for over a week with no battery issues whatsoever.
i actually parked for 6 days, after that the message showed up. i did only short trip about 30km before i park. i guessi will keep my eye on it, see how this battery behavior.

and i do have a Ctek mus 4.3, and i can use for charge the battery

·
Registered
206 Posts
New MercedesMe app... just installed and it says “battery partially charged” like some others have commented. This is just since yesterday. Old app has always said “Battery Charged”. Coincidence that battery has depleted to errrr whatever degree “partially” means, just at the same time as I switched apps? 🤔

·
Registered
110 Posts
New MercedesMe app... just installed and it says “battery partially charged” like some others have commented. This is just since yesterday. Old app has always said “Battery Charged”. Coincidence that battery has depleted to errrr whatever degree “partially” means, just at the same time as I switched apps? 🤔
i'm here in Canada, i didn't have new MercedesMe app so far, and i got the battery changer connected all the time actually, and this morning, after parking for 5.5 days, app says "battery partially charged" i went checked my Ctek changer, and it's showing step 7 ( green, means battery is full ), by the way, we did lost power about 4 days ago, i don't know if that will affect the charger or not. and now i have re-started the charger, see if that "battery partially charged" will turn to full or not

·
Registered
72 Posts

It’s one of the first things I turn off when I get in the car. Never use it and the battery was still faulty

·
Registered
110 Posts
It’s one of the first things I turn off when I get in the car. Never use it and the battery was still faulty

thanks very much for your info, i will take a close look on my battery and take to dealer , i got a charger connected to battery this morning , and after 8 hours, mercedes me still shows partly charged...

·
Registered
110 Posts
“battery partially charged” on my MercedesMe app is NOT correct, i test the battery with voltage meter, its show my battery has 12.85v, and i use Ctek charger that i have tested the battery, shows me green light. the MercedesMe app is wrong!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts