Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
Has anyone modified the bracket to lower the seat close to the floor?
Can you maintain the heated seats with a fixed bracket?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all
Has anyone modified the bracket to lower the seat close to the floor?
Can you maintain the heated seats with a fixed bracket?
Hey
Just wondering if you got any advice on this question or whether you went ahead and lowered the seat? I'm considering doing the same thing? Seats are just positioned way too high!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Dave
The main issues are the mounting bracket and the wiring for the seat. Mounting bracket is easy enough similar to doing a racing seat just fab them (if you don't share your car) and adjust them to the right height and position for the driver. However, the repositioning of the harness is more of an issue, currently investigating where to relocate potentially in the pillar is looking to be the best option so far, when I make the brackets and do the work ill upload some photos and maybe a video if requested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That world be awesome. Sounds like we're on the same journey re making the car a little more performance / track focused!

Have you done any other modifications? So far I've fitted Michelin cup 2s, eibach springs, endless brake pads (about to install a set of 2 piece rotors all round), racing brake fluid, eventuri air intake and akrapovic cat back exhaust. Also adjusted front wheels toe out and rear wheels toe in. With handling now vastly improved, I'm about to have the renntech ECU Tune installed next week. Will take HP a bit over 500 with an increase in torque too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That world be awesome. Sounds like we're on the same journey re making the car a little more performance / track focused!

Have you done any other modifications? So far I've fitted Michelin cup 2s, eibach springs, endless brake pads (about to install a set of 2 piece rotors all round), racing brake fluid, eventuri air intake and akrapovic cat back exhaust. Also adjusted front wheels toe out and rear wheels toe in. With handling now vastly improved, I'm about to have the renntech ECU Tune installed next week. Will take HP a bit over 500 with an increase in torque too!
I have an a200, I have done:
MST performance air intake
Silicone piping (removing Heimlich resonator)
ST springs
ST wheel space (hub centric)
RaceChip GTS piggyback ECU
IDRIVE throttle controller
Custom-made exhaust using stainless steel (no cat)
Braided brake lines
upgraded breaks to those that come in stock on a45
Fuel cell with bigger pump and braided lines (not sure exact maker)
Cut knuckles
Solid engine and gearbox mounts
Brabus rear defuser (used custom exhaust to fit quad tip)
Carbon works steering wheel
PS4s tires
Sheet metal splitter and defuser
I try to make as much of it as I can myself as it is cheaper and allows dinner tuning to adjust angles and things

·
Registered
2022 C118 CLA200
3 Posts
ST springs
Braided brake lines
Cut knuckles
PS4s tires
I try to make as much of it as I can myself as it is cheaper and allows dinner tuning to adjust angles and things
Hi Rupert,

How’s the MST intake been? Was looking around for intakes for the M282, but couldn’t find many reviews.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Rupert,

How’s the MST intake been? Was looking around for intakes for the M282, but couldn’t find many reviews.

Thanks!
Hey Kiesuke
its very good, direct fit for the m282, does increase noise, stock intake pipe diametre is very good, however, would recommend replacing with same size to remove the heimlich resonator which will greatly increase turbo noise.

·
Registered
2022 C118 CLA200
3 Posts
Hey Kiesuke
its very good, direct fit for the m282, does increase noise, stock intake pipe diametre is very good, however, would recommend replacing with same size to remove the heimlich resonator which will greatly increase turbo noise.
Thanks for the feedback!
Was there any noticeable increase in Low-end lag or top end power?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback!
Was there any noticeable increase in Low-end lag or top-end power?
Pre-tune is not a noticeable difference however with a tune made an extra 20hp with tubing. Dyno before and after fitting. I believe most of this is due to the removal of the Heimlich resonator but I also do think around 10 was due to the box itself.

·
Registered
2022 C118 CLA200
3 Posts
Pre-tune is not a noticeable difference however with a tune made an extra 20hp with tubing. Dyno before and after fitting. I believe most of this is due to the removal of the Heimlich resonator but I also do think around 10 was due to the box itself.
Awesome, that’s great to hear. I’m running a Racechip as well, so hopefully will see similar results

·
Registered
1 Posts
ST springs
Braided brake lines
Cut knuckles
PS4s tires
Hi Rupert, I have the A180 V177 sedan one, I am located in Sydney Australia, where did you get the MST air intake as I am looking into getting one, also do you mean front resonator when you referring to (removing Heimlich resonator)? as I am thinking to remove my front resonator to make it bit louder.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Rupert, I have the A180 V177 sedan one, I am located in Sydney Australia, where did you get the MST air intake as I am looking into getting one, also do you mean front resonator when you referring to (removing Heimlich resonator)? as I am thinking to remove my front resonator to make it bit louder.
I got the most performance intake I got from zero offsets and it took 2 weeks to arrive. yes I do mean front resonator. I am also located in sydney

1 - 13 of 13 Posts