Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a call froma dealerI enquired with before placing my order and they have an 45 being delivered on Wednesday next week but the buyer just dropped out. Managed to cancel my order and get my deposit back. Thanks guildford mb. Now wait has gone from November to next week! Will wait for 1st of September for new plate though. Not same spec but good enough. Metallic black, 19 matt black and wheels and upgrade steering and pano roof.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Berttie21 said:
Had a call froma dealerI enquired with before placing my order and they have an 45 being delivered on Wednesday next week but the buyer just dropped out. Managed to cancel my order and get my deposit back. Thanks guildford mb. Now wait has gone from November to next week! Will wait for 1st of September for new plate though. Not same spec but good enough. Metallic black, 19 matt black and wheels and upgrade steering and pano roof.

What is the upgraded Steering? is it any different from the standard one? cuz the dealer is charging somewhere in $1,200-1,400 for them.

Please post some pics also when you get chance. Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice little result for you then!

Got my A from Guildford too. Seem like decent guys. Were very helpful with me.

Cheers

Rog

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sir_Vandru said:
Nice mate! Can't see the AMG Turbo badge on the front wing....?
Its a UK car so we don't get the badges.

The car looks lush, very cloak and dagger look, in all black. But the red calipers just say "hey watch out I'm a little different..."

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Definitely looks mean in black

·
Registered
626 Posts
All I can say is WOW! (and also - Stunning!)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, had the car for nearly 10hrs now, will post pics and full review tomorrow. However, f£@k my old boots it's amazing! So much better than the 335d Msport and any other car I have had or been in. At the moment I'm only driving at 2k revs max, the run in program is 1000miles at less than 85 and 4.5k revs so only using comfort mode. I would obey this run in as there has been a dealer in Devon with a blown gearbox after thrashing straight out of the gate and warranty would be an interesting one as they stick the run in period on the inside of the windscreen. I know there is a plus / minus page for owners so I will use this with the full review, however for now....plus, the build quality, the looks, wow black with 19inch wheels looks amazing. I must have had 15 people slow to pass me on the M1 today (including a modified set of golfs from Germany) all of them pointing to the passengers etc. also lots of civics, golfs wanting to give me a go. Really weird pulling onto the motorway doing 1.5k revs and holding up the traffic in a 360bhp car. The interior, especially the screen in the dash, the AMG page assures you that the car will deliver. I am glad I didn't go for the command as the audio 20 allows Bluetooth and iPod connection so you can select songs and albums, sound quality is fine for me. pano roof excellent, you can't see it from the outside it just blends into the roof on a black car. The interior lighting, must be 30 LEDs in there all adding to the atmosphere, the lit Amg door sills shine like a jackpot on a fruit machine. Ok enough as there are plenty more positives (remember haven't actually driven it more than 20% of its capability) and I really enjoyed finding them without being told, so I will leave them as a surprise for those soon to receive their cars. Done 286 miles today and 200 more tomorrow and Tuesday for work (need to go to Sheffield and back). All being well should be able to see what I have bought by Thursday!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice one Berttie21, you sound well happy!

I am so not looking forward to the run in period when I get mine, I work from home so it could take me months!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Berttie21 said:
Ok, had the car for nearly 10hrs now, will post pics and full review tomorrow. However, f£@k my old boots it's amazing! So much better than the 335d Msport and any other car I have had or been in. At the moment I'm only driving at 2k revs max, the run in program is 1000miles at less than 85 and 4.5k revs so only using comfort mode. I would obey this run in as there has been a dealer in Devon with a blown gearbox after thrashing straight out of the gate and warranty would be an interesting one as they stick the run in period on the inside of the windscreen. I know there is a plus / minus page for owners so I will use this with the full review, however for now....plus, the build quality, the looks, wow black with 19inch wheels looks amazing. I must have had 15 people slow to pass me on the M1 today (including a modified set of golfs from Germany) all of them pointing to the passengers etc. also lots of civics, golfs wanting to give me a go. Really weird pulling onto the motorway doing 1.5k revs and holding up the traffic in a 360bhp car. The interior, especially the screen in the dash, the AMG page assures you that the car will deliver. I am glad I didn't go for the command as the audio 20 allows Bluetooth and iPod connection so you can select songs and albums, sound quality is fine for me. pano roof excellent, you can't see it from the outside it just blends into the roof on a black car. The interior lighting, must be 30 LEDs in there all adding to the atmosphere, the lit Amg door sills shine like a jackpot on a fruit machine. Ok enough as there are plenty more positives (remember haven't actually driven it more than 20% of its capability) and I really enjoyed finding them without being told, so I will leave them as a surprise for those soon to receive their cars. Done 286 miles today and 200 more tomorrow and Tuesday for work (need to go to Sheffield and back). All being well should be able to see what I have bought by Thursday!!!
I hate you ... :) you sound like i feel too hahahah I still have about 44 days to go. Enjoy it very much , please let us know about the run -in period.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well I now can't wait even more than before and didn't think that was possible. Great first thoughts keep us updating as I'm sure all the guys waiting love to read about what's coming. And yes yes yes to pics.!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I very much enjoyed reading that, Berttie, and it has rather allayed some of my concerns about this car. Looking forward to reading another instalment about your relationship with the beast and, in particular, the ride quality on real-life roads.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Berttie21 said:

Thanks for this bertie. Are you sure the car has LED's for interior lighting? I know it has interiror lighting but I had read in a review that it was still the "old fashion" normal interior lighting not LED.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congratulations!
It must be extremely frustrating but holding back now will pay dividends in the long run.
I'm looking forward to your thoughts once you are able to release the "iron fist in a velvet glove"!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today's update - 508 Miles done! started to go beyond the ~2k revs of C mode with some gear shifts and upto about 3.75/4k revs from 55to the m-way speed limit, pulls nice and strong.
Some more amazing facts /smiles:- from new to-date 38.1mpg!!! not even run in 1% of its life so this will improve.

everytime you start it overruns and 'pop's / burbles - really satisfying when you are being wathced at the garage, traffic lights etc..

mine came with Dunlop sport maxx - review here : http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/dunlop-sport-maxx-gt.htm

driven M1/35/A1 number of b-roads. Ok, if you go down a pot hole you know it but in general very easy to live with, on a new motor way its as expected and glides. Very noticable how well the suppension works as you tail rep cars (vectra,mondeo etc) over undulations in the road and you see them bounce up out of them, this just remains flat and planted

don't notice the red vents or seat belts any more, also the vents have a satisfying click when you turn them off

finally for today, i really like the parking sensors, finding that the rear one is shown in the rear mirror was a nice touch (haven't has a MB before)

will check if LED's or bulbs, center console defo led, head rests in the back I need to check.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow if its still light when I get back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts