Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I had a new car rejected recently due to. Steering and other issues. It was made in Hungary.

I just received a new one again but this time its made in Finland.

Couple of things I have noticed
1. The car feels more composed and quiet
2. Rust protection
3. Paint quality far better with less orange peel effect
4. Engine quieter.

I know it sounds insane but I had 2 new A class rejected and both were made in Hungary.

The one I just have now feels a real Mercedes and the sales manager was so sure I'll like this one, hmmm....

·
Registered
191 Posts
If the 11th digit on the Vin is an N it was built in Hungary
As mine was

Position 11, production plant:

A-E Sindelfingen
F-H Bremen
J Rastatt
X Graz
T Karmann
V Valmet Automotive, Finland
L Pekan, Pahang, Malaysia
M Woking, England (SLR)
N Kecskemet, Hungary
R South Africa

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hope it's just a co-incidence as the spec sheet of the car i've finally settled on has this item:
L8166 - Production site vehicle Kecskemét

Almost all of my previous quotes didn't have any production site listed, so they were most likely built in the original plant in Rastatt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 2 stickers on driver's side pillar and it's made in Finland.

I made few searches online, seems Finland factory has world class fit and finish as they make high end motor vehicles too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They make porsche, opel, Ford, fisker, b2 sports car. Parts for Bentley, Renault etc..

Also noted only 100,000 a class annually.

·
Registered
101 Posts
According to Wikipedia, the W177 is only assembled in:
Germany: Rastatt
China: Beijing (LWB)
Finland: Uusikaupunki
Hungary: Kecskemét
Mexico: Aguascalientes

The plant in Uusikaupunki, Finland is owned by Valmet Automotive which is contracted to make the A Class and GLC Class, while the plant in Hungary is directly owned by Daimler AG.
One would expect Mercedes own factory to have better quality than a 3rd party contracted plant, but apparently not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Valmet also assembled the W176 so they have a lot of experience with the A class. The Mexico plant will only produce the sedan version, so that leaves just 3 locations for the hatchback: Germany, Finland or Hungary. Finland was the last one to start production on the W177.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally I can feel the quality coming out of Finland. I can even see waxoil coming out of door drains and crevices!

·
Registered
101 Posts
This could just be a co-incidence but I've only seen A200's built in Hungary, all the A250's spec sheets I've seen didn't have any production site listed. So it's possible Hungary is only building the A200's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This could just be a co-incidence but I've only seen A200's built in Hungary, all the A250's spec sheets I've seen didn't have any production site listed. So it's possible Hungary is only building the A200's.
My A200 is built in Germany. I do not think that there is a rule about where they build A200's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an A250 AMG Premium plus on order, delivery December 28th. My vehicle display paperwork states factory as 371 Kecskemet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My A200 is built in Germany. I do not think that there is a rule about where they build A200's.
Same here: A200, built in Germany.

·
Registered
18 Posts
mine was built in Hungary and the noises I'm getting is getting me down, it sounds like I have the window open, the car view mirror freezes up, and there is all condensation in the front lights? I am really regretting having it now

1 - 20 of 79 Posts