Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Daimler group net profit for 2017 was 10.9 billion euros on revenues of 164 billion euros. I think there is some financial capacity to spend a bit more on build quality....
Yeah but that goes to the shareholders and the F1 team. It's all about profit and what they can get away with. At the moment there is no press coverage of the problems and they are getting away with it. Companies like VW could have spent a bit more money to make sure their engines passed the test that they got caught cheating, but it was cheaper, easier and more attractive to make a cheat switch, that way they could sell a car that was more attractive to the customer, pass the test and save money on fixing the problems, whilst making more profit. Mercedes can send out a percentage of cars with faults and cover the cost of fixing them, rather then spending more money going back to the drawing board to make more permanent fixes and implementing them into the production line.

·
Registered
Mercedes A220 4matic AMG Line Executive W177 / 2019
30 Posts
I do not want a car from Hungary

Hi,
Unfortunately I have to sell my C 350 CDI AMG Sport Plus with a beautiful engine reg.2013 and with Euro 5.
because the new regulations Ultra Low Emission.
I have already chosen and I am waiting for delivery in the beginning of June 2019
I got a big discount.
My choice is A 220 4 Matic AMG Line Executive
I wanted the A250 4Matic but this model is not available in the UK.
I read your posts and I am worried about quality if it comes from Hungary
Who decides about the delivery and from which factory.
:sad:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi,
Unfortunately I have to sell my C 350 CDI AMG Sport Plus with a beautiful engine reg.2013 and with Euro 5.
I have already chosen and I am waiting for delivery in the beginning of June 2019
I got a big discount.
I think it is random, which ever factory has vacant spots for your order, although I would not worry about where it comes from, if you get a bad car it could come from any plant.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,
I got a big discount.

We're one of the lucky ones with an A250 4Matic AMG Line, built in Rasttat.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Any one knows what is the Mercedes code plant 371?
Is it Finland, Germany or Hungary?
Thks.
If i'm not mistaken 229L is for Germany. If you got a VIN I can maybe look it up for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My car is Finland made and we have had several issue from new, July 2019, so not as perfect as most think unfortunately

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, but I only have that number, that’s in the car order and says factory name: 371

I'm still waiting for the car, production end of September.

I can confirm, my car was produced yesterday (17th of September) and already have the VIN with “N” letter wich means Hungary.

So, 371 is the factory name/code for Hungary.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine says "Made in Finland" on the door sticker. It's perfect apart from a barely audible rattle behind the dash on bumpier roads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On an equivalent french forum, somebody has an acquaintance working for a big MB dealership in the south of France and this acquaintance got to spend 1 month in the Hungarian factory (for some training I guess). He just couldn't believe the quality, cleanliness and organization over there, top notch apparently, better overall than the German factory he also visited in the past but which was "older".

61 - 80 of 81 Posts