·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4 Posts
AMG-styling includes;
  • Exterior upgrades (more aggressive look e.g. intake, diffusers, diamond front grille, 18" AMG rims)
  • Suspension (lowered - more stiff)
  • AMG Steeringwheel
  • AMG seats
I think that is the main difference.

Handling might be a bit different due to the lowered/stiff suspension.

Note that the link you have of the AMG verison does also contain the Night pack which includes black window list, darker rear windows, black side mirrors.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It basically handles the same, here the progressive is called the "business solution". Commonly used on business lease-cars, since most AMG-line here are private buyers/lease.
Difference is only the styling and some basic options. Everything else the car is 100% the same, suspension should be stiffer on the AMG-line. Tbh I don't feel the difference, but that could be just me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, people! Very useful. So no major differences, in practice, I'll take both cars for a test drive and see what comes of it. I'm quite fond of the AMG look, but let's see - money counts and all that.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
163 Posts
The AMG Line demonstrates the athletic qualities of the A-Class in typical AMG form: AMG bodystyling includes an AMG front apron with chrome front splitter, AMG side sill panels and an AMG rear apron with chrome trim and visible exhaust tailpipes. The diamond radiator grille is finished with chrome pins and a single silver-painted louvre, while 18" AMG 5-twin spoke alloy wheels create a powerful stance. The AMG Line features ARTICO man-made leather and DINAMICA microfibre upholstery with door linings cladded in DINAMICA microfibre. The 3-spoke nappa leather multifunction sports steering wheel with a flattened bottom section and perforated grip area takes its inspiration from motor racing.
• 18-inch AMG 5 twin-spoke alloy wheels in bi-colour high-gloss black (RQT)
• AMG Floor mats (U26)
• AMG bodystyling on front/rear aprons and side sill panels (772)
• Beltline trim strip and radiator grille in high-gloss black with chrome highlights
• Brake callipers with “Mercedes-Benz” lettering - bigger brakes ( front+rear ) + ventilated in front
• Brushed Aluminium Trim (H44)
• Dark-tinted privacy glass from B-pillar to rear (840)
• Diamond radiator Grille in black with single lamella in high-gloss black & chrome pins
• DIRECT SELECT shift paddles
• Exterior mirrors in black
• Lowered comfort suspension (677)
• Multi-function new generation 3-spoke sports steering wheel with 2-touch controls in Nappa leather with flattened lower section*** (full Chrome
finish) - red stitching with upholsteries 651A A & 257A (otherwise black stitching)
• Red contrasting stitching on seats, centre armrest and door armrests
• Sports Direct-Steer system (213)
• Sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
• Sports seats in Black ARTICO upholstery/DINAMICA microfibre (651)
• Two-pipe exhaust system with tailpipes in chrome look (A 180 only)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts