Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd post some help for anyone whose maps are out of date. The ME portal is quite confusing on the subject, because although it might appear that new map versions are automatically downloaded, this is not always the case. When I checked my own map versions - you can do this either in the car under advanced settings in Navigation or on the ME portal - it seems mine were still the factory-fitted maps dating back to July.

Although ME was telling me there was an automatic update available, on selecting the UK region it told me that this was not available as an automatic update, it had to be performed manually. You can get your dealer to do this of course - assuming you have a dealer who knows what they're doing - but it is fairly quick and painless to do it yourself. All you need is a correctly .formatted USB drive. Choosing the 'Manual Update' option from ME provides a link to the MB download manager. Once you have this installed on your PC it will download the map data (around 2GB in total) onto your USB.

All you then need to do is connect in your car. It won't begin uploading automatically, you need to go into settings for navigation. There you will see the update from your USB, click on it and it will upload. Took about ten minutes, following which the Nav will restart (then restart again when I disconnected the USB, for some reason), job done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Manual map update isn't available for me on the portal, due to technical problems. It never worked for me since I got the car two weeks ago. (Netherlands)

·
Registered
215 Posts
The service is not available.
Unfortunately, the Mercedes me connect online map update service is not available for technical reasons.

Please contact your Authorized Service Center to set up and solve the problem on the spot.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never had a problem with the portal using Firefox, though I have had problems from time-to-time using the ME app for my android 'phone. In the end I stopped using the widget altogether and did it the long way, from the Apps folder.

The portal does feel a little flaky to me, I don't think it takes much to disrupt a connection. But if it's down for a while, I would suspect a problem, maybe with internet speed. Because the map update is quite large and it needs a download manager, it will require a half-decent internet connection.

I think I read somewhere that it's just the first update that has to be done manually. Once you've done that and ME knows your regions, future updates should be delivered automatically - though it might take several months for their servers to deliver it to every car. I will probably continue to get them manually.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can I find the download link for the map updates please?

If you log into the ME portal (on a computer, not a mobile device) then you should see under 'mercedes me connect' a list of icons. Select the 'online map update' icon and follow the instructions from there. It will tell you whether there is, or isn't, a map update for your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I only get the error. It never worked for me unfortunately. My current maps version in the car is V33.
I hope it will work after the MBUX update that will arrive this month.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I only get the error. It never worked for me unfortunately. My current maps version in the car is V33.
I hope it will work after the MBUX update that will arrive this month.
Not had a problem with the map update, worked first time.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about an update this month, rumours are that it will now be December

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mines on V30 - not been able to update online, only seen this message below:

This service is not available.
The service Online Map Update is unavailable for technical reasons.
Please contact your service partner to localise and eradicate this problem directly.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
V30 is the one I had when it was built, now updated to V34 (or V35, can't remember which).

I have noticed though that the map update links do seem pretty flaky; I have seen that message myself before I managed to catch it when it was working.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did the maps update tonight as an excuse not to watch Strictly.
No problems. Used Safari on an IMac, downloaded to a formatted usb drive.
Inserted the usb drive ivia the adaptor. The car spotted the update and asked me if I wanted to install it, clicked on yes, then the display showed me the progress as a percentage. On completing it asked me if it was ok to restart the system, I said Ok. The sub gave a thump as everything shut down. I sat in the dark wondering what to do next. I opened the car door and hey presto, it was all back.

Only slight issue is that the settings of the ambient lighting have gone back to Blackpool hen party, but that’s it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What do you guys see for Software Updates?

I get this:
Due to technical reasons, the software update online service is unfortunately not available.

Please contact your service partner to resolve this problem.

·
Registered
389 Posts
What do you guys see for Software Updates?

I get this:
Due to technical reasons, the software update online service is unfortunately not available.

Please contact your service partner to resolve this problem.
That’s what I got until Sunday, and I downloaded, installed and updated the maps yesterday.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I think it's just another manifestation of the regular up/down of the portal.

For software update I just get the message that there is no update for my vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Still stuck on V30 - same error message coming up on 3 different networks/devices.
No response from enquiry put in with Mercedes last week, received acknowledgement that it has been passed over to the dealership but nothing since.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just had a rapid response from the Mercedes internet enquires after complaining I haven't heard back from the dealership.
They are stating that V30 should be latest version as they car is only 4 weeks old from factory.

Could anyone who has updated in UK please confirm the version they are now on? Thanks

1 - 20 of 158 Posts