Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Well, the map version controls that they use are harder to understand than Brexit.

It almost appears as though each region uses its own independent version control.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, the map version controls that they use are harder to understand than Brexit.

It almost appears as though each region uses its own independent version control.
The V.281 maps are version 2019/v.12.1 - I dont think that the version differs! What I am worried is why does OTA warns about previous versions not installed when the cars has already the latest ones via USB-C.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having issues downloading the maps as well. Is anyone kind enough to upload the map files again? I am in Asia so possible?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I finally have my access to map updates sorted (which was along winded process by itself) and now see the option for online map updates when logging into mercedes me. Only when I try and update, I get the error "The service Online Map Update is unavailable for technical reasons ". Been like this for days. I assume its just a case of trying again every so often till I get through now?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Had an email a few days ago saying manual update available and still to get around to doing it. Today got a notification on MBUX to say OTA update starting. First one I’ve had 🤓🤓🤓

·
Registered
878 Posts
I manually updated mine a few days ago via USB. All maps upgraded to version 292. Took a lot longer than the previous manual update I did about 5 months ago. That upgrade took about 20 mins to upgrade 27GB worth of maps. This latest maps update took a couple of hours to do 33GB. The good news is it updates in the background so not that big a deal

·
Registered
373 Posts
My last update was 7GB. Not sure that would have come over the air!!
It announced this morning (again via a notification on the media screen) that it had successfully updated the map for UK & Europe.
Seems it took a couple of days to complete.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got a notification that an update had started when I went out at lunch... I've done my previous updates myself so this is the first one I've seen OTA. Qute impressed but we'll see how it goes/how long it takes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
The OTA updates are performed as a background download, so it downloads more of the data each time you use the car. So depending on how much you are using the car, it can take varying length of time to complete. It only downloads the region you have specified for automatic update. I always do the job manually, that way it only takes a few minutes and I don't have to wait up to two months, which is the period MB say it takes to propagate to every customer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine started OTA update last week (2nd map update since got car in June last year). Takes a few days to download and update. You can check the status by (from memory) going into the car system settings and looking up software update where you will see the % indicator very slowly increasing. It would seem to me that it only downloads whilst you are using the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, also experiencing the technical error message, despite multiple attempts with different browsers ans on different devices.

Just out of interest for those who have no issues, what is the latest map version for South Africa please? Just in case I'm wasting my time and raising my hopes for no reason, if there's aren't any updates! 😂

·
Registered
878 Posts
I’m afraid South Africa didn’t appear in the list of countries for cars in Europe. But all European maps are currently v.292 so I suspect all maps globally might be at the same level... perhaps...?

141 - 158 of 158 Posts