Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dan
As promised:-

Really pleased with the service, quality and fitting instructions.

The tape looks like I've missed the edge but in the flesh doesn't really look like that at all.

Cheers

Neil

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Looks great Neil! Many thanks for the photos, would you mind if I used them for any promo shots?

The tape can be a little visible to start off with but after a couple weeks, any exposed tape turns dark once it has collected dust and dirt so you don't tend to see it. It's a little bit of a battle between not seeing the tape and getting enough of it to hold the strake properly. I've tried black tape before but tend to find 3M VHB is the best and it only comes in grey

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carbonwurks said:
Looks great Neil! Many thanks for the photos, would you mind if I used them for any promo shots?

The tape can be a little visible to start off with but after a couple weeks, any exposed tape turns dark once it has collected dust and dirt so you don't tend to see it. It's a little bit of a battle between not seeing the tape and getting enough of it to hold the strake properly. I've tried black tape before but tend to find 3M VHB is the best and it only comes in grey
Yeah no problem.
I'll get some better photos when I can.

Send me your email address and I'll send better quality pics.

Noted - re the tape. I did wonder if that was the reason.

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just for a second I thought there was a leaf on the paintwork in the first pic !! Then I realised who's car it was and on closer inspection could see it was just a super crisp reflection!!

Should have known better really !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts