Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys so my car is going into for some work and I forget to ask the lady if I have to insure the courtesy car. It’s hard to get back in touch because there in coming calls don’t work. So if anyone could let me know if I need to insure it that would be great and also just out of interest what cars do they give out??

·
Registered
218 Posts
They organise insurance for you. Just ensure you have a copy of your licence with you when you go to pick up the courtesy car :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Only issue I’ve read is if you’re really young they may have difficulty. A girl on here could only get a smart car 🤣🤣

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I left my car for service I did not get a courtesy car :/
I had to take the bus to work.. That kind of sucked.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve had 3 and never had to pay anything. Had a C class and 2 A class 180d 🤨🤨
Ah that’s cool, I’m just hoping I don’t get a smart car. Just turned 22 so think I should be ok for the age thing as I believe that you have to be over 21. Fingers crossed it’s not 24/25 then that would be an issue 😂

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah that’s cool, I’m just hoping I don’t get a smart car. Just turned 22 so think I should be ok for the age thing as I believe that you have to be over 21. Fingers crossed it’s not 24/25 then that would be an issue 😂
They wouldn't give me a courtesy car a few months ago as I had only had my license for 11 months and they said you need to hold your license for over a year and be over 21 to be covered by their insurance. Appt got cancelled due to covid anyway so now I get a courtesy car when I give it in next week!

I have my eye on a C/E Class Coupe for my next car so here's hoping they're feeling generous.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They wouldn't give me a courtesy car a few months ago as I had only had my license for 11 months and they said you need to hold your license for over a year and be over 21 to be covered by their insurance. Appt got cancelled due to covid anyway so now I get a courtesy car when I give it in next week!

I have my eye on a C/E Class Coupe for my next car so here's hoping they're feeling generous.
Hopefully I get a C Class or an E Class just to compare what it would have been like if I brought one of them 2nd hand over a new A Class.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
225 Posts
I had been on MB Service 3x and once time they gave me 2019 C200, but next time they payed for taxi ( out, in to dealer ). I think they will give You same class car, maybe +1 but doubt +2. I dont know how its done in UK but I think its the same with accident from insurance, they gave You at least same class car

·
Registered
428 Posts
On my couple of visits to the dealers I've been given a 'C' class and GLA as courtesy cars. Dealers will usually charge extra for either collect/delivery, or courtesy car service. Conveniently for me, since I have a three-year service plan, they forgot to charge me for the courtesy car.

Every main dealer carries their own insurance, including their courtesy cars. This insurance always includes usage by customers, which is why the dealer always notes your licence number; it's a condition of their insurance.

The less scrupulous dealers will tell you that you have to arrange your own insurance for the car. That is to keep their own claims, and thereby their premiums, to a minimum. My advice is never to fall for that line.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I’ve used Watford Mercedes and they provided a courtesy car with no additional cost for insurance. As has been mentioned already, they just need to photocopy your license when you pick up.

For those wanting to try out a different model (C class, E, etc) I would advise you to let the dealership know well in advance, let them know that you’re considering changing and want to experience a particular model. No guarantee they will oblige, but it’s in their interest to accommodate you as it might result in a larger sale down the line. So speak to sales and ask them to speak to aftersales/servicing to see if they can help you out. You’re much better off asking up front than leaving it until the day when they would have already allocated a particular car to you. Most dealership will have more A classes on their courtesy car fleet so you’re more likely to get one unless you prearrange.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’ve used Watford Mercedes and they provided a courtesy car with no additional cost for insurance. As has been mentioned already, they just need to photocopy your license when you pick up.

For those wanting to try out a different model (C class, E, etc) I would advise you to let the dealership know well in advance, let them know that you’re considering changing and want to experience a particular model. No guarantee they will oblige, but it’s in their interest to accommodate you as it might result in a larger sale down the line. So speak to sales and ask them to speak to aftersales/servicing to see if they can help you out. You’re much better off asking up front than leaving it until the day when they would have already allocated a particular car to you. Most dealership will have more A classes on their courtesy car fleet so you’re more likely to get one unless you prearrange.
Yeah i’m expecting an A Class tbh. I just enjoy driving different cars so i’d be happy with C Class just because it’s something different.

·
Registered
212 Posts
MB Newcastle offer either a car (high Ins excess) or a lift to town and collection when ready
Or you can wait

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think I had 2 - class although the first time was the A45 so as you can imagine no complaints from me... there had been a lot of messing around at the time so I think they did it to be nice. Made mine feel like a bus when i got back in it though. The most recent time I had the C220AMG that was pretty nice too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can you get courtesy car from any MB dealership? Even if you live 10 min drive away?
I dropped my car for a health check last week had to pay for taxi 2 ways = 10£..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts