Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to really pester them for a courtesy car. My cars been in a few times over the one year I’ve had it and multiple times was told I hadn’t been driving long enough for the insurance to let me but apparently if you get the managers approval then the manager of the dealership can get it put through with a huge excess.

I’m 22, I have a 68 plate a180 and had only been driving for about 7 months at this point. I got the managers approval and they dropped off a high spec 19 plate b220 with all the insurance sorted... but yet all the times before that I needed a courtesy car I was told I couldn’t have one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Birmingham Central and Birmingham Solihull have always given courtesy cars free of charge. Sometimes this means you will have to wait longer for your car to be booked in but its worth it imo. My parents have had some really nice courtesy cars from them in the past. Hoping for a C Class Coupe next week but not bothered if its just another A Class as won't be driving anywhere anyway.

@Lewis15520 I had to pester them about a courtesy car as well when I had my license for less than a year. They eventually relented and booked me in for one but if anything happened, I had to pay a £800 excess which is ridiculous. Luckily didn't go through due to current situation.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Birmingham Central and Birmingham Solihull have always given courtesy cars free of charge. Sometimes this means you will have to wait longer for your car to be booked in but its worth it imo. My parents have had some really nice courtesy cars from them in the past. Hoping for a C Class Coupe next week but not bothered if its just another A Class as won't be driving anywhere anyway.

@Lewis15520 I had to pester them about a courtesy car as well when I had my license for less than a year. They eventually relented and booked me in for one but if anything happened, I had to pay a £800 excess which is ridiculous. Luckily didn't go through due to current situation.
i go to Birmingham Central. Gonna ask them when my next service due👌

·
Registered
15 Posts
I booked my service in for a couple of weeks time and asked if I could wait around while they carry out the service. The dealership insisted I get a courtesy car and told me it's free of charge (as I am on the service plan) and I just need to bring my license. Apparently my car needs some software updates and this may take a while.

Been told it's typically an A class or a C class which is fine. I may need to give them a call to find out the excess though.

Could I potentially ask for something else? Not entirely sure where the market is at the moment but had my eye on some other models. I'd be tempted to ask but not sure how it works, it's the hassle of the sales reps calling me asking if I want to go for test drives or come in to buy as they can smell I am interested. Also i'd imagine excess shoots up for other models.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is what what I was given this morning from bham central. Just hope they get my mbux and ac working again. Even though I explained to them that Linux needed updating I don’t they are, as they said everything is working ok. I have had Mercedes me support contact them before the lock down but obviously this hasn’t filtered down to the service team.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My advice to anyone thinking of changing car at the moment is to wait. Once the initial backlog of waiting customers has been cleared following showrooms opening again, most forecasts are for a slump in demand anywhere up to 40%. I suspect there will be some juicy deals around for those prepared to wait a little.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My advice to anyone thinking of changing car at the moment is to wait. Once the initial backlog of waiting customers has been cleared following showrooms opening again, most forecasts are for a slump in demand anywhere up to 40%. I suspect there will be some juicy deals around for those prepared to wait a little.
Even at the moment there are some great deals, I got around 7k knocked off my a class which I picked up last week. Carwow is a great tool.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Could I potentially ask for something else? Not entirely sure where the market is at the moment but had my eye on some other models. I'd be tempted to ask but not sure how it works, it's the hassle of the sales reps calling me asking if I want to go for test drives or come in to buy as they can smell I am interested. Also i'd imagine excess shoots up for other models.
Try asking for an AMG GTR 🤭😜 I'll eat my rear spoiler if they oblige 😆

·
Registered
55 Posts
View attachment 5682 This is what what I was given this morning from bham central. Just hope they get my mbux and ac working again. Even though I explained to them that Linux needed updating I don’t they are, as they said everything is working ok. I have had Mercedes me support contact them before the lock down but obviously this hasn’t filtered down to the service team.
This is the EXACT car I want after the A Class, even down to the colour! Fingers crossed they are generous next week when mine goes in. Also goes in on a Wednesday morning so I'm holding out hope :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is the EXACT car I want after the A Class, even down to the colour! Fingers crossed they are generous next week when mine goes in. Also goes in on a Wednesday morning so I'm holding out hope :ROFLMAO:
As soon as I got the car, I fell in love. But a quick check online and I was disappointed that the car doesn’t have mbux, deal breaker for me. It has a better interior than my a class but I need screens now not analog dials. As soon as the dash goes digital I’m in!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Large dealerships run a fleet of courtesy cars, and they don't usually feel the need to waste money on high end models. I wouldn't get too carried away with the idea of borrowing a supercar for the day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As soon as I got the car, I fell in love. But a quick check online and I was disappointed that the car doesn’t have mbux, deal breaker for me. It has a better interior than my a class but I need screens now not analog dials. As soon as the dash goes digital I’m in!
Yeah, by the time I'm over my A Class, I reckon the C Class will be fully digital. I think all the cars are digital now except the GLA's and C Class. Hopefully in the next year or two, they'll be updated.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
C Class already has a fully digital dash on some models, but runs the older COMMAND system not MBUX yet

Reactions: A180

·
Registered
55 Posts
C Class already has a fully digital dash on some models, but runs the older COMMAND system not MBUX yet

I know MBUX has its problems but I much prefer it over the Command system. I just watched some youtube videos and the 2020 CLA seems to have the full MBUX kit including digital dash so I think Coupe and Cabriolet will be next.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
MBUX will come to the C Class in the next generation model. That will include saloon, estate, coupe, cab, crossover, etc. The CLA is actually a member of the A Class family not C Class which is why it has MBUX already

Reactions: A180
21 - 39 of 39 Posts