Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the MBUK A Class configuration has been down for a few days, which is normally a clue that they are changing someone.

I’ve just discovered that it is possible to access the configuration by going via the link on a couple of dealers websites, and there’s are indeed some changes to the options.

Executive pack is £1500
Premium pack is £3000
Premium Plus pack is £4500

Smartphone integration / wireless charging is now part of Executive package
Augmented reality navigation is now part of Premium (& Plus) package

Aluminium trim is now only available in Premium (& Plus) pack

Designo patagonia red metallic paint is now available for £795

·
Registered
69 Posts
So it would now cost an extra £3795 to get a red car with aluminium trim!
But you also get the augmented navigation and phone packages with the Premium pack which is much better than having to pay separately like I have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does this mean those with the Premium pack can update to augmented reality or?
I wouldn’t have thought so, as the AR navigation requires additional hardware to be fitted in the factory.

Similar package changes seem to be live on the B Class configurator. Still waiting for the A Class one to officially go live again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn’t have thought so, as the AR navigation requires additional hardware to be fitted in the factory.

Similar package changes seem to be live on the B Class configurator. Still waiting for the A Class one to officially go live again.
Bummer. Would've been nice, really regret not getting the AR config!

·
Registered
446 Posts
The A-Class Saloon appears to be configurable using the latest in UK marketing genius.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've got an AMG 250 saloon on order from July and added premium plus, drivers assistance and augmented sat nav.
Its due to be built 19th November, so any ideas what we'll get ?

·
Registered
178 Posts
We've got an AMG 250 saloon on order from July and added premium plus, drivers assistance and augmented sat nav.
Its due to be built 19th November, so any ideas what we'll get ?
laughed at for pay more than you should. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
just looking at the PDF for 2019 december onwards production and it seems no ambient lighting its now only own the AMG premium line and up

·
Registered
674 Posts
Bummer. Would've been nice, really regret not getting the AR config!
Don't be @A180. The AR sat nav is a nice gimmick, but it's just that. I actually find it easier to follow the graphics on the non-AR mode (i.e. for which exit to take on a roundabout) because the AR arrows appear very late by which time you've sometimes missed the exit it's telling to you go down. I think the AR functionality is best described as v1.0. It will get better in future implementations I'm sure, particularly when it overlays information over the view out from the windscreen via the HUD, but that's a little way off I suspect.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't be @A180. The AR sat nav is a nice gimmick, but it's just that. I actually find it easier to follow the graphics on the non-AR mode (i.e. for which exit to take on a roundabout) because the AR arrows appear very late by which time you've sometimes missed the exit it's telling to you go down. I think the AR functionality is best described as v1.0. It will get better in future implementations I'm sure, particularly when it overlays information over the view out from the windscreen via the HUD, but that's a little way off I suspect.
Have to agree, I don't find the AR Nav very useful at this point, I also feel like it is a gimmick. You won't miss much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Makes me feel a lot better about not speccing that option!

Any one noticed the co2 changes? I just took delivery of mine this week, a200d which has a co2 of 110 but in the new December brochure it’s down to 107....

·
Registered
6 Posts
so from December build you can only get ambient lighting, traffic sign assist,10" digital displays can't see the option for augmented reality sat nav either.

unless you have an AMG line model, i thought car companies usually improve there offering as the car gets older not scale back

·
Registered
211 Posts
I noticed that the MBUK A Class configuration has been down for a few days, which is normally a clue that they are changing someone.

I’ve just discovered that it is possible to access the configuration by going via the link on a couple of dealers websites, and there’s are indeed some changes to the options.

Executive pack is £1500
Premium pack is £3000
Premium Plus pack is £4500

Smartphone integration / wireless charging is now part of Executive package
Augmented reality navigation is now part of Premium (& Plus) package

Aluminium trim is now only available in Premium (& Plus) pack

Designo patagonia red metallic paint is now available for £795
No A220 either according to the December build price list and A250e added.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts