Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m not sure if this is normal or not. I have my music on a USB and created playlists. I notice that if I select a playlist it plays ok but after stopping the car and then returning the music never continues where left off. It’s ok when just playing a normal album. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Can say as i have noticed it. What i do like though if using Spotify when you get back in the car even if the app is shut down it will pick up from where it left off even with Spotify closed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just have my iPhone connected by Bluetooth I find I can control apple music, playlists, albums even stuff I don't have stored (apple library rather than my own) with a long press of the "her Mercedes" button on the steering while or buy saying "hey siri" loud enough for either my phone or watch to pick it up. I can then ask it to play what ever I want and it does so. Also I find it picks up where I left off even half way through a song..

·
Registered
A35 AMG MY20
1 Posts
Jeremy, thanks for your post. I noticed this but had not put together the fact that it was playlist related.
After having a playlist running, then coming back to the car later it starts playing the first album in my library rather than resuming the playlist. If i select an artist or album it does not do this "reset". It must be a bug in MBUX.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jeremy, thanks for your post. I noticed this but had not put together the fact that it was playlist related.
After having a playlist running, then coming back to the car later it starts playing the first album in my library rather than resuming the playlist. If i select an artist or album it does not do this "reset". It must be a bug in MBUX.
Maybe this depends on the version of MBUX.

my a class is on pre FU2 version. When i come back to the car if my Spotify is not open on my phone it wont automatically play any song, i need to manually open the app and start the playlist.
However, at the moment im driving a c-class loan car, and if i come back to the car it starts playing from wherever it left last time, even when spotify is closed on my phone. So i will check MBUX version on this c-class later and let you know

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe this depends on the version of MBUX.

my a class is on pre FU2 version. When i come back to the car if my Spotify is not open on my phone it wont automatically play any song, i need to manually open the app and start the playlist.
However, at the moment im driving a c-class loan car, and if i come back to the car it starts playing from wherever it left last time, even when spotify is closed on my phone. So i will check MBUX version on this c-class later and let you know
This is odd. I have FUP2 as well. Everytime I turn the ignition, my Spotify will start from wherever I have left it off and has always done this even from FUP1.

I do think its crap that MBUX has no Spotify integration/playlist selection. I think that would be a big hit against CarPlay especially if they want people to favour MBUX more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts